Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pitzel - name some names...
smile.gif
(please)

Some stocks now look like bargains, and I feel like buying some more income type ETF's like LQD or FRB.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
pitzel - name some names...
smile.gif
(please)

Some stocks now look like bargains, and I feel like buying some more income type ETF's like LQD or FRB.

RY, BNS, TD are the big Canadian banks I'd touch with a 10-foot pole (own 'em all). They trade on the NYSE in $USD so you don't have to convert your dollars.

Theres the XFN.TO ETF, but you have to buy/pay for that in CAD$, and its not the most liquid thing in the world.

Speaking of titillating the captain, I tried to buy GM bonds (CUSIP 370442AY1) this AM via Fidelity. Not happening online because they don't inventory them, or so the message said, so I called them and they said "good to go", so I try again....same error message. argggh....

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Speaking of titillating the captain, I tried to buy GM bonds (CUSIP 370442AY1) this AM via Fidelity. Not happening online because they don't inventory them, or so the message said, so I called them and they said "good to go", so I try again....same error message. argggh....

Comes up just fine through Interactive Brokers (www.interactivebrokers.com) and shows as tradeable.

You sound like you do a lot of trading Pablo, have you checked out IB by any chance? Its been a lifesaver for me as a Canadian, with the $1 trades instead of the $30 that all the other discounters here charge.

Just spent an hour looking at charts, and I see an upturn coming. Everything is oversold of course, but showing signs of selling exhaustion.

I look for the next rally to retrace about half of the previous downturn, before turning down again.

The Party's over.
The last one to leave, turn out the lights.....
sleeping.gif

Decent technical move, with OK pre-holiday volume. Given the possibly disturbing inflation news, this is an above average bottom bounce and I think we have described an OK bottom.

*I cannot predict the future, but can guess that any one can loose their assets in the market. Remember there is always a rally in something, somewhere. Those who don't invest are losers, and those who listen to stock tips from some 48 year old guy at work can and will lose their principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back