Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
At least he won't be reproducing.

And lets hope he hasn't

yes, lets hope.
A slow clap come to mind. Way to go,

Calais, way over there. My poor French Canadian grandfather could never pronounce Calais and Machias, at least not like the locals.

Did not know that they repealed the fireworks law. Not that it stopped people back in the day. I recall at least once hiking in the dark up a small mountain to watch the various home grown shows.

I personally find the whole thing pretty sad event. Really stupid mistake and the poor guy is getting posted across FaceBook I noticed with this terrible event.

I feel awful for the family inc brother present who see the down side of social media picking up on this one.

I have known some brilliant folks in college combined with booze doing these types of things(eg pouring gasoline directly out of can trying to start smoldering fire) but thankfully survived.

I think he's too smart to pull a stunt like that. But I must admit, I was thinking along those lines
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
This was on the news today. um yeah.
http://www.kshb.com/news/national/police-man-shoots-off-firework-from-top-of-his-head-dies

That happened in Maine? Did anyone hear from eljefino today?

It is sad.

Sometimes, as a family member, you need to step in and say this isn't a good idea. Or maybe say you really don't need that 12th beer today, maybe you should switch to water.

Or someone might have said only those who have not been drinking are in charge of the fireworks.

I feel sad. But sometimes it hurts to do stupid things.

If you are going to play with fireworks, don't drink. If you are going to drink, don't play with fireworks, guns, cars, and a whole host of other things that don't mix well with alcohol.

Maybe someone will read this and pause next time they face a similar circumstance.
Originally Posted By: rjundi
I personally find the whole thing pretty sad event. Really stupid mistake and the poor guy is getting posted across FaceBook I noticed with this terrible event.

I feel awful for the family inc brother present who see the down side of social media picking up on this one.

I have known some brilliant folks in college combined with booze doing these types of things(eg pouring gasoline directly out of can trying to start smoldering fire) but thankfully survived.

When I heard about this on the radio this morning, I thought the exact same thing: Latest Darwin-Award Winner.

Alcohol & gunpowder don't mix I was told when growing up.

Surely you jest,sir. That particular Mainiac is alive and well, I'm pretty sure. I do have a few associates I should be checking on however
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back