Greece collaspes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chrisri
I wouldn't say German or any other nation in the EU are against this community. At least not the people who work for a living. Older and less informed sure. I'm in a transportation business for years, and there's no way to tell how easier is to work without borders and other obstacles that aren't present any more. As for Germany, why would they be against EU? Their economy is stronger than ever, and extremely competitive.

There is a lot of people who are against EU in northern europe, In the yearly poll its about 20% of the population in sweden that want to leave EU immediately.
Im also not positive to EU and i know the situation is the same in other north european countries.

From Statistics Sweden http://www.scb.se

Increased percentage favourable to EU membership

The proportion of those who say they are mainly for Sweden's EU membership in November 2014 was 51 percent. The proportion against EU membership was about 21 percent, and the proportion who did not have an opinion was 29 percent.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Guessing you aren't a big fan of Rammstein then eh? LOL!!

I don't know what that is. When I was there the mood is oppressive. I really do believe they have vays of dealing vith troublemakers like me.

It is a German heavy metal band, quite successful.

Originally Posted By: magnus308
[

There is a lot of people who are against EU in northern europe, In the yearly poll its about 20% of the population in sweden that want to leave EU immediately.
Im also not positive to EU and i know the situation is the same in other north european countries.

From Statistics Sweden http://www.scb.se

Increased percentage favourable to EU membership

The proportion of those who say they are mainly for Sweden's EU membership in November 2014 was 51 percent. The proportion against EU membership was about 21 percent, and the proportion who did not have an opinion was 29 percent.

I was in Sweden in the mid 90s where the referendum was going to decide whether or not they joined the EU and from my own experience it seemed that 60%+ were dead set against joining if not more and most of those against it were very vocal.

I don't trust these polls because many of the
organizations that sponsor them have conflicts of interests involved which favor skewing the numbers in favor of the EU. While in Germany in a number of different areas both rural and urban many ordinary people want Germany to leave the EU, and perhaps only go back to the EEC arrangement.

Our former state treasurer was on the idjit box today, and made some good points.
* Aging populations don't sneak up on you, but no-one is going to make the tough decisions when they will soon be part of the future's problem. (Case in Oz is that the baby boomers who are making my generation save for their retirement have defined benefit, non contributory schemes)
* that being in EU means that all of the "traditional" escape mechanisms like currency devaluation to improve exports and reduce imports, make tourism more attractive etc. aren't available on a pegged regional currency.

At least Greece bankrupted themselves spending borrowed money on their own people.

We are not far behind. The difference is, we spend our borrowed money on handouts to defense contractors, any sort of big business, the bourgeoisie, and pretty much anyone who does not need a handout.

Before I hear about welfare mammas and such (which is a problem) this is crumbs compared to the corporate welfare system we have. We allow corporations to privatize their profits, but subsidize their losses.

Last edited:
Some people will always oppose for some reason. Tell us why are you against Union? For sure reason can't be of economical nature. Just compare German (or any other old members except Italy between year 2000 and 2015) economy. People in general oppose for reasons that are not related to a Union.
I know what is your problem in Sweden, immigration from third world countries flooded your main cities. Similar situation is in all wealthy European countries, but problem is more pronounced in the north because you don't know how to deal with this.

Last edited:
I know what is your problem in Sweden, immigration from third world countries flooded your main cities. Similar situation is in all wealthy European countries, but problem is more pronounced in the north because you don't know how to deal with this.

The question is WHY should any "nation" (check out the old definition of this word, it is interesting to say the least) have to deal with alien peoples whom have NO relation to their own indigenous culture or society? Who was the "decider" that any European nation should be flooded with these immigrants? You can bet that the people in Sweden, Germany, France, ect had no real say in the matter.

you don't know how to deal with this.

The solution is very simple but can't be discussed here.

Some people will always oppose for some reason. Tell us why are you against Union? For sure reason can't be of economical nature. Just compare German (or any other old members except Italy between year 2000 and 2015) economy. People in general oppose for reasons that are not related to a Union.

It have nothing to do with immigration its our local politicians who decide that and not EU.
The main reason so many people in the northern eruope is against EU is because of the corruption in EU, Sweden have extremely low corruption and with EU we have became a part of the big corruption countries and pays a lot of money for it.
A union can be created in many ways but todays EU is not what many people want because its extremely ineffective for the money paid.
Just take this example http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/10565686/The-farce-of-the-EU-travelling-circus.html

Sweden was not a poor country that joined because we needed help from EU, We pay more than we get back from EU and we just see our tax money dissappear into endless black holes in southern europe.
Sweden have been members in EU for 20 years so we know quite well what it gives us and the issues with the membership

Last edited:

I forgot to add in my last post that the trust and confidence for EU as an institution also have been low for many years.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/apr/24/trust-eu-falls-record-low

Perhaps Greece will be the tipping point for the
EU to dissolve and revert to a smaller economic community of like nations (northern europe) which appeared to be a workable and beneficial thing, most importantly it kept nationhood intact and did NOT encourage floods of aliens flocking to those countries. I hope somehow that Sweden, NL, and others can reverse course and foce these unwanted and dangerous immigrants back to where they came from.

BREAKING NEWS!

GREECE HAS VOTED "NO" TO ANY RESCUE LOANS FROM THE
IMF AND EU BANKS!

I say let the end of EU commence!

Last edited:

It have nothing to do with immigration its our local politicians who decide that and not EU.
The main reason so many people in the northern eruope is against EU is because of the corruption in EU, Sweden have extremely low corruption and with EU we have became a part of the big corruption countries and pays a lot of money for it.
A union can be created in many ways but todays EU is not what many people want because its extremely ineffective for the money paid.
Just take this example http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/10565686/The-farce-of-the-EU-travelling-circus.html

Sweden was not a poor country that joined because we needed help from EU, We pay more than we get back from EU and we just see our tax money dissappear into endless black holes in southern europe.
Sweden have been members in EU for 20 years so we know quite well what it gives us and the issues with the membership

I'm sure when Sweden was ask to join the Union a referendum was made and majority of Swede was for joining. There are legal mechanisms to leave the Union if any country wish for. If Swedish citizens do not wish to be a part of a 500 million people community you can always go back to be a puppet state bullied by superpowers. Don't forget what countries are your main export markets, and those Russians are getting very agreeable again. Who knows what can happen, just remembered Finland, and you are not far.
I really agree with you on the matter of corruption in southern members, but try to look at a bigger picture. World has changed dramatically after WW2.
As for your comment about being in a EU for 20 years Il give you my background. My dad is Slovenian Austrian with dual citizenship, and my mother is a daughter of a German soldier. I also have dual citizenship so I'm in a EU just as long as you are. We also have family in Schleswig Holstein which is as north as it can be for a Germany.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Buying opportunities if the market tanks, I'm looking forward to the next few days/weeks. Thank you Greece.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Buying opportunities if the market tanks, I'm looking forward to the next few days/weeks. Thank you Greece.

Yea, same here. A see-saw market is good for traders, confusing for others.

GREK will be interesting this coming week.....

Originally Posted By: Turk
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Yea, same here. A see-saw market is good for traders, confusing for others.

GREK will be interesting this coming week.....

That's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back