A New Oil from Pennzoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All you oil gurus,,,,
Has anybody tried that new oil made from natural gas????
Just curious and thought that I would ask.
All the best,
THUMPER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A bit noisier engine in my IS vs M1 5w30, but expected due to 1 cst lighter oil. Otherwise the same as any other oil.

Originally Posted By: VSTAR650

Yes, lots of people have as it's not that new anymore.
smile.gif
What do you want to know?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Yes, lots of people have as it's not that new anymore.
smile.gif
What do you want to know?

II was curious how the #'s stack up against some of the known favorites, was wondering if anybody has done a UOA yet??
I saw it on the shelf at Walmart, if they would have had it in a Xw-40 I might have given it a try.

II was curious how the #'s stack up against some of the known favorites, was wondering if anybody has done a UOA yet??

Just browse the UOA section. Any of the recent PP/PUP UOAs are likely to be of the GTL version. But don't expect to see miracles from a UOA.

Quote:

I saw it on the shelf at Walmart, if they would have had it in a Xw-40 I might have given it a try.

They do make a 5w-40 which is what I'm using in my 530i. Walmart does not carry it though.

By the way, why is this posted in the Motorcycle UOA section??? Are you looking for a motorcycle oil specifically?

DSC_7028.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Just browse the UOA section. Any of the recent PP/PUP UOAs are likely to be of the GTL version. But don't expect to see miracles from a UOA.

Quote:

They do make a 5w-40 which is what I'm using in my 530i. Walmart does not carry it though.

By the way, why is this posted in the Motorcycle UOA section??? Are you looking for a motorcycle oil specifically?

DSC_7028.jpg

I was thinking of trying it in my V*,,,usually I run Rotella T or T6, used to use Mobil 1 15w-50, and have also used Redline 15w-50.
Thanks for taking the time to weigh in,
THUMPER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was thinking of trying it in my V*,,,usually I run Rotella T or T6,

If it's a shared sump application, I would stay away from any 5w-40 oil. GTL or not, time and time again they have shown to quickly shear out of grade in such applications as a result of being loaded with VIIs.

I'd stick to something in 15w-40 or 10w-40 grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back