People Buying Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I always LOVED those small bottle rockets you could buy back in the 70s. They had that long skinny red stick with the rocket/firecracker propulsion thingy at the top. They were really cheap too,we'd always buy they by "the gross". We'd have wars with them haha. I remember they banned them here in the 80s I think. Don't know if they ever made a comeback or not.

I have not seen them in a while. Air travel bottle rockets used to be really loud, especially if they did not leave the ground.

I like the colorful morter style shells.

I didnt buy any fireworks but I take the time to listen to the booms to remember soldiers who fought England to secure our freedom. I wont buy any as they are made in china, but wont enforce my will on others who wish to shoot them off. I stay humbled by those who gave so we could have what we have now. I thank my grandpa and father (USN) for their sacrifice. Happy Fourth fellow Americans.

Watched them this year. a near miss when one of the boxes decided to shoot sideways. Wasn't my house that they went towards. But this year I realized I was in range had it decided to be that way.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
How many of these people buying fireworks actually know what July 4th 1776 is all about?

My guess is most of them are buying fireworks for the fireworks.

My good friend yes. July 4th 2015 he became a US citizen and proudly set off $100 of fireworks at celebration we had.

Originally Posted By: rjundi

My good friend yes. July 4th 2015 he became a US citizen and proudly set off $100 of fireworks at celebration we had.

Good for him! Glad he celebrated it with you!

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
They are following John Adams suggestion

Quote:

I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.

Did you note that he specifically mentioned guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back