Would anyone here take a salaried job at Burger K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: dishdude
This is one of the side effects of no union representation, employees get taken advantage of.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...ion#Post3763761

I'm looking to hire a field service technician to repair surgical microscopes (Carl Zeiss, Olympus, Leica for Neuro / Spinal surgery) in the Tampa, Orlando, Daytona region. This is a full time position with company car and full benefits, retirement, health / dental / life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401K, paid safety work shoes, paid training, ....etc...

Non Union job, starting pay is $30 an hour (plus regular OT) and must have an associates degree in electronics.... Or prior military experience in troubleshooting electronic / mechanical equipment. I posted this job last month in the BITOG General - Off Topic forum after getting permission from BITOG Admin. He said yes and I posted job link.

Must be willing to attend training in the Milwaukee, WI area for 2 months before hitting the road in central Florida.

That sounds like a pretty good gig. Surprised you haven't been able to fill the position.

As I said, a salary, even a bad one, can make someone's life liveable, and planning possible.

These salaried position are also usually the management positions, so now you can put management on your resume, even if it is 'chasing bad employees' managemment.

I'd take the salaried position over a slighty higher hourly rate...especially if the title 'manager' was anywhere in it. It's a big step-up.

I was paid salary as a parts counter guy at a chrysler dealership

work was from 7 am to 6 pm, we didn't take lunch ( we were never explicitly told we weren't allowed to, but it wasn't encouraged. We just brought our own lunches. )

i was paid 1600$ a month plus .08% of our gross parts sales , so usually about 500$ a month on average, the most it ever was , was 800$

i was super happy to have this job at the time.

but working food? [censored] that. I hated every minute of it when i was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back