Tonneau Cover care

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your preference for Tonneau cover care? I have a black vinyl trifold and am not out to win shows, just want something to maximize lifespan. Have used some water based products like 303 Aerospace, but they tend to run off when ti rains leaving streaks on the paint. Currently using Megs Ultimate Protectant, but I have no idea how well it really is suited for this.

I use 303 Aerospace also, never an issue with leaving streaks. I have had my tonneau cover four years now & using the 303 since day one -- still looks like new & truck is parked outside all year round. Every 2-3 months I reapply but not overkill.

If it helps, I'm the sales manager for a large tonneau cover company. You are using the very best using the 303, not only for protection, but longevity too. Might try not using so much, a little goes a long way. You might ask the manufacturer of the cover what they recommend too.

Pledge! Yes the furniture polish. I used it for many years with great results. I was told about it by the owner of a upholstery shop.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Pledge! Yes the furniture polish. I used it for many years with great results. I was told about it by the owner of a upholstery shop.

Yes! Pledge! Works great.
thumbsup2.gif

Pledge in the spray can?

Originally Posted By: Bear

Pledge in the spray can?

Yes!

I only get 3-4 years out of them, I work my truck and blow them apart. So I just buy the cheapest cover I can find and do nothing to it.

I use Pledge to detail my engine bay and on the tires. Works great!! Funny thing though,anytime I use it,it seems to attract honey bees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back