wax as u dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wax as you dry is great. I think its protection is minimal, but better than nothing. What I like about it is that it makes the car easier to dry as it seems to aid in absorption of the water into the drying towel. It also has a bit of a cleaning property to it and is fine on any surface. It doesn't leave white marks or streaks on plastic trim. I find washing a car a much more pleasurable and quicker experience when using this stuff than when not, and it ends up looking better too as it has a nice gloss.

I have been using Eagle 1, it seems like a good product but I think I may have used it a little too often; as its caused a very slight yellow film. So I guess in moderation would be fine. It doesn't do much for appearance in my opinion, I mainly used it for helping maintain my base wax.

I use the water blade to remove most of the water from the vehicle after washing, then use spray wax and microfiber drying cloth to finish drying. If there are any streaks after, a quick buff with a microfiber takes care of it. I spray wax after almost every wash but about once a year I use chemical guys paint sealant.

Originally Posted By: dlayman
Wax as you dry is great. I think its protection is minimal, but better than nothing. What I like about it is that it makes the car easier to dry as it seems to aid in absorption of the water into the drying towel. It also has a bit of a cleaning property to it and is fine on any surface. It doesn't leave white marks or streaks on plastic trim. I find washing a car a much more pleasurable and quicker experience when using this stuff than when not, and it ends up looking better too as it has a nice gloss.

+ 100

Wanted to add that I ran out of Turtle Wax WAUD, and bought and used some Eagle One today. The surface seems as slick as with Turtle or Meguiar's. We'll see how it holds up. (Oh, and it smells closer to Meguiar's than to the plastic kit aroma of Turtle's.)

I much prefer to use a spray wax. I think you get better protection. Eagle One Nanowax has been very good to me as has Lucas Speed Wax.

I wax my car. To aid drying and wiping off of developing water spots I use Gary Deans Intimate Use Detail Juice. $40 for a small jug but you put 4oz in one gallon of water so it goes a long ways.

I also use it for claying, and window cleaning.

It's not a wax, but it does add slickness. I rely on the wax to do its job as I don't expect anything sprayed on to do the same job as a quality sealant.

I did recently try the Meguires spray wax instead and it wasn't as user friendly as the detail juice, then again it's a spray detailer not a wax as you dry type product.

I use Turtle Wax wax and dry. I love it. I use it after almost every wash, it gives the cars a ridiculous shine and reflection. It will bead water for about two weeks only but I just use it for the shine. Turtle Wax Ice spray wax is a regular spray wax I also enjoy. I applied Ice on my Taurus over 2 months ago and it's still beading water like a freshly waxed car.

Originally Posted By: razel
Tried 6 different wax-as-u-drys. Plan on writing up a comparative review soon. One was disappointing, the others equaled each other and only two stood out. Well actually one. The Turtle Wax Wax-as-u-dry and the other is a spray wax, Meguiars Ultimate Wax.

Both work well on paint, glass and aluminum rims. Both left a super slick surface and both work as great cleaner, especially on glass! They both were the easiest product I found to clean glass. The other products didn't do so well on glass, (dried blotchy) but I didn't knock them since they're not designed primarily for glass.

Turtle Wax can last a week if your car is already waxed. Megs a lasts a bit longer and is even slicker. That was worse case scenario when used on my clear-coated wheels. Many non chrome/aluminum car wheels are clear-coated.

I plan on just primarily using Turtle Wax since they give you so much for cheap. I usually see it for $4 for 26 oz! Meguairs is often $8-$10 for div>

I started using the turtle wax product and really like it.

Originally Posted By: Propflux01
I use the eagle one wax as you dry after every wash. Have had very good luck with it

Like you, I WAYD with the Eagle One after each wash (every Saturday for me, unless it's freezing/raining). It seems to remain slick and glossy for longer than the Turtle Wax stuff did.

Been using it on my Can Am, current and previous one, for over 4 years.
Since its a plastic body, I seldom wash, but use the Eagle 1 stuff dry and
wipe off. Works well on plastic windshield also.

Another product I use on it and my cars is Ice wax spray. Sprays on and wipes
off just as easy. Plus leaves a nice coat on the cars that were previously cleaned.

Both products work nice on black parts of autos/bikes, leaving no white film, something
many other spray detailers do not.

I just got a gallon of meguiars d156 synthetic spray wax and tried it on the civic today. Worked awesome! Says you can use it while you dry. I'll try that next wash. I had just done a waterless wash and wax with CG brand stuff yesterday. The d156 left no streaking or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back