Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dollar is in free fall. That's gonna hurt the Market and energy prices. The Fed is between a rock and a hard spot. Can't jack up the interest rates bc that will hurt the market and can't lower interest rates bc that will drop the Dollar further will drive up Energy and the cycle continues.
frown.gif

Al: It looks as if China which has a 10+ GDP growth has all the marbles. They are pulling away slowly from the USD. They also raised rates to slow a breakaway market.So ASIA will always outpreform our market in times like this. The likes of CHN &CEF or even VWO are a safer choice today. PIV & FVL are also a safer play.

The dollar is not in free fall. Unlike China, we float our currency. The fed can and will adjust interest rates as necessary, unlike the previous leadership.

Asia did not like the China interest rate hike.

Tell me about it. LUCKY!

I bought another 300 shares of FRB at morning lows, interest rate scares. I'll by more as we go along. I got the monthly chunk on Fri. Yield is about 7.5% and it's more stable than those high yield stocks and even some lower yield bonds.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
Weak dollar improves exports.

That's the theory. But it doesn't and hasn't seemed to do much. Bal of Trade and oil imports make this a iminor issue I think.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
The dollar is not in free fall. Unlike China, we float our currency. The fed can and will adjust interest rates as necessary, unlike the previous leadership.

Asia did not like the China interest rate hike.

Well it has dropped 5% in the last 6 weeks.
Just not a lot of good choices for Volker. Raise interest rates and cool off the economy/control inflation bc of fuel prices in exchange for the Fed to go further in the hole to strengthen the dollar .

LR if you look at the NAV of her bond fund over the last year+, it will be down. Now if she has been buying every two weeks via her contributions, then there is very little pain and holding/continuing to buy at this point is probably OK. Watch the value if rates go down....this growth bubble will slow in a bit. We shall see.

I must have been typing like a maniac at 8:50AM above my statement should be:

After this next rate HIKE (or shortly before) when everyone is freaking OUT, BUY some bond type goodies. You KNOW what I'm talking about.

Thanks Pablo. Her plan was changed a few months ago, and there's not much history on this particular fund class, and not much choice of funds either (maybe a half-dozen).

She's risk averse, after losing a big chunk in 02, and scared of stocks.....

Gosh - another day clicks by and another record high for the portfolio. And my large TMA and several other dividends are still outstanding, as these are currently ex-dividend.

LR - what co. does she have for the 401K?

Pablo, it's now Fidelity. She's mostly in what they call a 'stable value' fund, which invests in the bond market. Unfortunately they don't tell you a lot, just a brief description of the fund.
dunno.gif

Glad you're doing OK. I'm up too, but the last few trades have been sells. All I'm holding now are a few industrials and defense stocks.....

Can she do Fidelity Brokeragelink? (Then she could buy any fund)

I'm not a nut for those kind of funds, but if she is risk adverse then I guess......what's the fund called?

I sold a few today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back