Finish Kare 1000P High Temp Past Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a can. We will see how it compares to Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax. I had hear that the 1000 was developed by the "other" Meguiar.

It's 100% synthetic so technically it is a sealant. Apply VERY thin or it can be a real bugger to remove. Great stuff.

Excellent sealant, doesnt smell the greatest but it really looks nice, kind of like a candy coating appearance and it beads really well for a long time.

Used the stuff on a 2015 Gray Toyota Venza today. Goes on and comes off easy like Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax UPW) when put on thin. Gives a similar finish to a wet candy look like Meguiars NXT which I like. Much more slick than UPW. As far as longevity time will tell.

Originally Posted By: 007
Used the stuff on a 2015 Gray Toyota Venza today. Goes on and comes off easy like Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax (UPW) when put on thin. Gives a similar finish to a wet candy like Meguiars NXT which I like for my 71 Buick. Much more slick than UPW. As far as longevity time will tell.

A day later I used the 1000 on my 2012 Camry. Put it on a little thicker and found it a little harder to remove. Same results as the Venza. Neither vehicle was clayed as quite frankly I was too lazy. If I had some easy on off polish on hand I may have tried doing that first but I am always concerned about compatibility issues. Tried the Meguiars Ultimate Polish once and hated it. Now we wait and see! According to my records I only got 3 months out of the Meguiars UPW this time round here in Florida before it looked like it was time for a refresh.

Originally Posted By: 007
Tried the Meguiars Ultimate Polish once and hated it.

Same here!

I used it last week for the first time and it hardly did ANY good and was a B***H to remove.

Maybe because I applied it by hand, and not machine??
Or are you saying it was garbage even using a Flex or such?
21.gif

Last week, I applied FK1000P to my Honda Accord.

I simply washed with Dawn dishsoap really well because there was some old Collinite 915 left on her.

I applied 3 coats to the entire car. This product is sooooo easy to remove. I also put it on fairly thin using a sponge applicator pad.

I would apply the product to the car at night before I went to bed, around 8pm. I would remove the product on my lunch break the following day. And then reapply another coat that night. I did this for 3 days. It came off really well. The car looks awesome.

I'm thinking of topping this coating with Collinite #915, but I might just let it be.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Last week, I applied FK1000P to my Honda Accord.

I simply washed with Dawn dishsoap really well because there was some old Collinite 915 left on her.

I applied 3 coats to the entire car. This product is sooooo easy to remove. I also put it on fairly thin using a sponge applicator pad.

I would apply the product to the car at night before I went to bed, around 8pm. I would remove the product on my lunch break the following day. And then reapply another coat that night. I did this for 3 days. It came off really well. The car looks awesome.

I'm thinking of topping this coating with Collinite #915, but I might just let it be.

Nice. Post a close-up picture if you're so inclined.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
It works well. It is in the same league as the Collinite 476. Longest lasting I have tried so far is Duragloss 105.

Sorry to bump up an old thread.

I've heard that FK paste wax needs to be kept away from plastic trim pieces. Is the same true for Duragloss 105 and Jescar Power Lock Plus?

Currently trying to decide between these three products. Looking for something that's easy to apply/remove and relatively long lasting.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
It works well. It is in the same league as the Collinite 476. Longest lasting I have tried so far is Duragloss 105.

I've heard that FK paste wax needs to be kept away from plastic trim pieces. Is the same true for Duragloss 105 and Jescar Power Lock Plus?

Currently trying to decide between these three products. Looking for something that's easy to apply/remove and relatively long lasting.

The DG 105 will not stain the trim. It also won't turn into white dust during removal or buffing it off. They stand behind their products also. There's also a bonding agent you can buy to increase durability. It's super easy to remove esp when using a cheapie electric polisher from WM. It applies the product super thin so removal is a breeze. I switch bonnets to the microfiber one and let the machine to the removal. Makes the job fun.

Finish Kare DOES NOT stain any trim and there are NO warnings on the can. It get used like regular wax but its just that much better.

Originally Posted By: gallydif
Funny this thread was bumped. I just bought FK this week and plan to use it for the first time on my car tomorrow.
Please let us know how you like it.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

The DG 105 will not stain the trim. It also won't turn into white dust during removal or buffing it off. They stand behind their products also. There's also a bonding agent you can buy to increase durability. It's super easy to remove esp when using a cheapie electric polisher from WM. It applies the product super thin so removal is a breeze. I switch bonnets to the microfiber one and let the machine to the removal. Makes the job fun.
**What brand and price of polisher do you reference at WM ?

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46

AutoSpa palm polisher for $20. They have a larger version 9-10" for $24 but too big. Then another DA variable speed one for $49. Which is kind of heavy but does ok. I like the palm one best. Again just for applying and removing the product.

Here's one of them:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/10-Random-Orbital-Buffer/39881400

They only had one of the palm buffers left, one 10" and three of the DA remaining. This only an upgrade compared to doing everything by hand/manually. I'd also buy an extra microfiber bonnet for $3 for removal. After each section I run a toothbrush through the bonnnet to fluff it up while the machine is on.

Just hit 10,000 posts!!!
smile.gif

**Your link did not work - do you mean this one (6" Palm Polisher $19.97) ? : https://www.walmart.com/ip/6-Buffer/51501771 ... Also do they sell wax application pads and wax removal microfiber pads for this palm polisher ?
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: ChrisD46

AutoSpa palm polisher for $20. They have a larger version 9-10" for $24 but too big. Then another DA variable speed one for $49. Which is kind of heavy but does ok. I like the palm one best. Again just for applying and removing the product.

Here's one of them:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/10-Random-Orbital-Buffer/39881400

They only had one of the palm buffers left, one 10" and three of the DA remaining. This only an upgrade compared to doing everything by hand/manually. I'd also buy an extra microfiber bonnet for $3 for removal. After each section I run a toothbrush through the bonnnet to fluff it up while the machine is on.

Just hit 10,000 posts!!!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back