Terminator Genisys - Anyone seen it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth going? I thought 1,2, and 3 was great, was not impressed with the others, looks like Genisys is loaded with CGI?

After Ahnuld being Governor of California I won't spend my money to see anything with him in it.

It is enjoyable. Not anything to write home about, but you do not feel ripped off after it is over, unlike some movies I have seen.

Rod

Saw it yesterday. Long story short, I liked it and it pretty much fits in with the Terminator genre. It wasn't as dark as Judgement Day was, IMHO. Stay for the first part of the credits.

Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
It is enjoyable. Not anything to write home about, but you do not feel ripped off after it is over, unlike some movies I have seen.

Rod

Nailed it! See it in IMAX 3D. Decent movie.

Also. I hate it when they leave hangers, especially after the credits. I was out when they started to roll. The story ended on a good note. Did not see the hanger they put in at the end, after the credits. Don't want to.

Havent seen it yet, but did recently see the 2011 planet of the apes, and the 2014 dawn/rise/whatever apes movie. Save your money, they do not hold a candle to the original movies. Not even close.

One enthusiastic thumbs up here! I like how they weaved their tale, using classic elements of the first movie. Special effects are good, expected nowadays of course. It might make you go back and watch the original one after you see Genisys.

Liked it.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I'm wondering how they wrote his 67 years of age into the story; that's kind of old for a Terminator.
Well, like he said in the movie, he's old, but not obsolete.
grin.gif

I was disappointed because i was hoping it would be on the same level as T1 and T2. James Cameron didnt direct it so keep that in mind. It is however better than the 3rd and 4th film though IMO.

Man, I missed the "surprise scene" after the credits everybody's talking about. I just ran out of the theater fearing killer robots from the future were upon us. Oh well, next time.

I thought it was pretty terrible. Not better, just bigger than either T3 or Salvation. The original and T2 remain the best entries in the series in my opinion. The only thing I did like was the integration of scenes and recreated scenes from the original movie. Bill Paxton may have gottena bigger paycheck this time! I didn't care for any of the actors who played Sarah, John and Kyle, and found them pretty unlikeable. Arnold was okay, but he was reduced to "Pops," and his jumping a la Hulk was retarded. Worst were all the time travel inconsistencies and paradoxes that make this film nonsensical. I am a big fan of scifi and fantasy, but things still need to make sense within whatever rules have been set in a particular universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back