Death at Lebanon Valley Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen many accidents and RV trailers and Motorhomes kind of explode into little pieces. They are not built for a rollover.To bad there wasnt a rollbar.

What was a motor home doing on the race track? Surely no one is actually foolish enough to think they can race in one of those-are they?

I'd post a link to the Top Gear episode where they raced motorhimes, but not appropriate. But racing anything can be entertaining. When proper steps are taken to be safe.

We had death at Pikes Peak International Hill Climb last week.
Last year racer died too.
Pikes Peak is very unfriendly, 14,112ft, pavement does not good at all above 12,000ft, so a lot of issues with surface.

It does seem they should have known that an RV might roll over if another vehicle was trying to hit and disable the RV. And that was what was happening.

It appeared to be something like a demolition derby. Or at least an odd-vehicle race with lots of bumping.

The link doesn't show the actual crash, but it appears that the reporting wasn't accurate. The car didn't run into the back of the RV. Instead the car was spun by another car, and directed into the side of the RV. The RV in turn was spun slightly and rolled.

An RV is basically a weak wooden box on a strong frame. They don't really roll. They just collapse. With no rollcage (what? why?) the driver had no protection.

No roll-cage = squish. Too bad they don't have some basic rules/regulations for certain folks out there who need them.

Saw the Video. Thing rolled over and just collapsed on it self. Not one section the hole thing!!!! I'm wondering if interior parts were removed to save weight and made the situation much worse. RIP.

The guy was having fun. It has happened before and will happen again.

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back