Need input on TCW3 testing methods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: linksep
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Forget AB or ABA or ABAB tests. Do the AAA tests first and find the variation in your testing methodology then only you will be able to make any scientific conclusion.

I am betting a six pack that the variation in your AAA tests would be at least as much as the one between ABAB tests!

Well if you're in North East Minneapolis it looks like I owe you a sixer. I have done 5 compression tests on each cyl and numbers have varied so much I'm basically throwing that test out (one cyl had 6psi variation between tests only 10 minutes apart and had 20psi variation from low test one day to high test another day.

That is the problem with empirical results posted by the participants. It has value but it is extremely difficult to quantify it. That is why any reported gain in the HP or mileage needs to be taken with a pound of salt.

I tend to given more weight to multiple similar seat of pants reports even though they are completely subjective. You have to be careful of internet amplification effect though.

My last tank, I increased dosing from approximately 5 oz to 10 oz (01 Tahoe). I can squeeze 20 gallons into it, if the low fuel light goes on.

I did not experience any gain (perhaps .25 mpg) in MPG. No detrimental effects, though.

I am taking a tank off from dosing, the next tank I will increase the dosing to 15 oz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back