Race Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the video, 1 -32 oz can will make 4.5 gallons of 87 octane gas,into 101 octane gas. I'm betting that stuff ain't cheap. If your only using 5 gallons at a time and need it, it should work.For everyday use, I don't think it's practical.,,

I've never used it but I've read enough about it to know it's the real deal. They even use it on power nation on their dyno tests when building engines that need more than 93 octane. It has a good history and is a quality product if you use as intended.

BigCahuna said:
According to the video, 1 -32 oz can will make 4.5 gallons of 87 octane gas,into 101 octane gas. I'm betting that stuff ain't cheap. If your only using 5 gallons at a time and need it, it should work.For everyday use, I don't think it's practical.,,e]$30.00 for a quart.

Last edited:
something like this would definitely interest me, around here there is no ethanol free or octane over 93, my car is tuned for 93 only.

However getting a bump for certain events would be nice.

Strictly an octane boost will not improve your power. Building a new engine with higher compression that NEEDS higher octane to keep from detonating will increase power somewthat but not very much.. usually 5 hp per point of compression increase in a street engine.. you could get just as much horsepower from an underdrive pulley system or good windage tray. Compression is a poor place to maximize hp.If you doubt my words.. put your car on the dyno. Once with 87 or 93 and once with 100 105 110 racegas and see for yourself while paying $100 to the dyno operator. There are additives that can increase power but octane is not one of them. Check out Klotz .. they have additives both for octance and extra power.

Originally Posted By: kyledallas
Strictly an octane boost will not improve your power. Building a new engine with higher compression that NEEDS higher octane to keep from detonating will increase power somewthat but not very much.. usually 5 hp per point of compression increase in a street engine.. you could get just as much horsepower from an underdrive pulley system or good windage tray. Compression is a poor place to maximize hp.If you doubt my words.. put your car on the dyno. Once with 87 or 93 and once with 100 105 110 racegas and see for yourself while paying $100 to the dyno operator. There are additives that can increase power but octane is not one of them. Check out Klotz .. they have additives both for octance and extra power.

This is sage advice for someone with a car that has a stock engine. That isn't where I'm at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back