Mothers Synthetic Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read that it looks great on black vehicles which I have. Lucked in and got a free 4 oz sample bottle from Mothers at a car show.

It goes on easy and has no smell, I put my nose in the bottle and got a slight spearmint smell. The wax comes off easy and cleanly with no powder. The shine is OK.

My go to wax is Duragloss 105 which has all the fine traits of the mentioned Mothers plus durability.

I have it on my Jag right now and like it. Application and removal can't be easier and the beading does not leave water marks.

Mother's Synthetic Wax is a cleaner wax (however the protection part is actually synthetic- a sealant.)

It has conditioner's (oils/ carrier solvents) and very, very, very mild abrasive package along with chemical cleaners. So, it will very well "hide" defects rather than remove them (not necessarily a bad thing in some instances) and brighten the paint. The oils also help with dark base colors since the oils, naturally, make the paintwork appear darker.

Mother's Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax is very similar, except this is a hybrid wax containing both polymers and carnauba.

I believe the 'cleaning' ability is similar in both with a slight edge- from Forrest @ Mother's- going to the Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax.

If you are looking for protection longevity... Synthetic Wax has the edge by a good margin but no where near DG105 or virtually any other finishing wax (ie- Megs ULW, Megs M21, etc...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back