Pikes Peak and Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked, closest Triumph dealer is 30 miles away, rural small town dealer, always knew that, more like a small bike shop. After that, there are 3 bigger ones 80 miles away in 2 different states.... carrying also some BMW and Ducati, so you know they will be large, going to stop in one some day. *L*

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Seems like alot of people think victory has been around forever.

Show me one person in this thread that thinks that. If you have to make up facts to prove your point, you never had a point.

I know you'll ignore this post. Silence speaks more than anything you could ever type.
How about you? Getting all excited about things that have been done thousands of times by other bike makers, years ago. But you still chose to be defensive of them even tho they haven't done anything of consequence. Will you still be posting how great they are if they don't suceed in their attempts with the any of their dreams? I wouldn't be surprised if polaris dropped them from the lineup if they don't make something happen after pumping all their money into those ventures. Lets see where they are a year from now.,,

How is it possible to type so many words, yet say nothing? It was a simple question, yet you can't answer it.....

That's the problem with companies like Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki,Yamaha, and polaris. They have their hands in too many pots. And as soon as one product doesn't perform they way they think it should, they kill it off to keep the stockholders happy.

What product line has Honda, Kawasaki, or Yamaha killed off?

Feel free to ignore that question also.
Talk about not saying anything, is all you can do is ask stupid questions? The "products" they have killed off are the Honda vtx 1800, the kawasaki vn 2000, And the yamaha road star. You really should educate yourself about motorcycles in general before you get you panties in a wad. Here's a start, try buying one.,,

I was asking about product lines, not models. Every company discontinues models. Where was the Road Glide for 2014? One of Harley's best bikes was the FXRS. Last I checked, I can't buy a new one at my local dealer.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
I can understand being excited and believing in a company, Im really just talking, like we are having a beer in a bar...

First, Polaris does make some REALLY nice products, I was in love with the Victory CrossRoads but here is my problem with them.
1. Almost bought a CrossRoads a couple years back, loved the bike, glad I didnt, resale in the toilet, why, they did away with the CrossRoads, made it a 8ball Crossroads, dealers were dumping the CrossRoads at stupid low prices, I would have been [censored].

2. Polaris has a history, my feelings of a history of doing things like that, they are a CORPORATION, that wheels, deals, trades, dumps whatever division they can and can not make money on. Again, its just the way I feel.

Motorcycles are just a division, not like some other motorcycle companies dedicated to a product.
If I buy a Polaris bike, will they dump the model or lineup down the road or not? That is what bothers me. They have a long history, anyone can do their own research, they make a lot of products and have dumped whole divisions, like their water sports division just a couple years back, not to great feeling if you bought one of their expensive water products.

Anyway, just my feelings and if anyone truly researches their history, I think they may feel the same before shelling out big money for a bike they want to take pride in. Another example, I might feel upset if I owned a Cross Country, it used to be Polaris top of the line bike, now its second place to Indian brand name. .. ya da ya da... Indian Bike, seems like a grand slam if you like the looks, why didnt they improve the quality of the Victory bikes to the same as the Indian? They made the Victory line up the "economy looking brand" when it used to be the premium brand.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend and truly give thanks and thoughts to the people in our military and those who have been injured and most of all lost their lives.

I don't know where you came up with the notion that Vic has dropped the Cross Country...they haven't...I just looked at their website and they still have the Cross Country, the Cross Country Tour, and the Cross Country 8 Ball listed...

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Well Harley killed off the ENTIRE Buell line....and dumped MV Agusta which they owned for about 2 years before selling off.

Harley on its main line of bikes kills off sub models. I recall "the deuce" as being one softail model booted after a few years.

None of these are criticisms of Harley, that is just the way business is done in a capitalist system. It is more a complaint against the fanboys that bash other companies when their preferred company is guilty of doing the same thing.

BTW...currently riding a Harley myself while I have the Triumph in for some custom work.
I don't know if Buells demise was from bad sales numbers or problems dealing with Buell. By me they seemed popular, and you still see them running around. They were supposed to compete with metric bikes but I guess they weren't making enough $$$ for Harley to devote floor space to them. Harley can drop a non producing sales model, and still would have other models, parts, and support. One model I don't get why is still being made is the V-Rod. I'm sure if it wasn't Willie G's baby, it would have been long gone. I think the MV Agusta company was bought to flip. I'm sure the "fanboys" that bought the 2010 Kawasaki vn 2000's loved the idea that it was being dropped from production right after they bought one. Factory parts start to dry up, and there's no new product development form after market suppliers. Not to mention that used parts that are available cost more then new ones. Funny how resale tanks once a model is discontinued.,,,

Originally Posted By: grampi
I can understand being excited and believing in a company, Im really just talking, like we are having a beer in a bar...

First, Polaris does make some REALLY nice products, I was in love with the Victory CrossRoads but here is my problem with them.
1. Almost bought a CrossRoads a couple years back, loved the bike, glad I didnt, resale in the toilet, why, they did away with the CrossRoads, made it a 8ball Crossroads, dealers were dumping the CrossRoads at stupid low prices, I would have been [censored].

2. Polaris has a history, my feelings of a history of doing things like that, they are a CORPORATION, that wheels, deals, trades, dumps whatever division they can and can not make money on. Again, its just the way I feel.

Motorcycles are just a division, not like some other motorcycle companies dedicated to a product.
If I buy a Polaris bike, will they dump the model or lineup down the road or not? That is what bothers me. They have a long history, anyone can do their own research, they make a lot of products and have dumped whole divisions, like their water sports division just a couple years back, not to great feeling if you bought one of their expensive water products.

Anyway, just my feelings and if anyone truly researches their history, I think they may feel the same before shelling out big money for a bike they want to take pride in. Another example, I might feel upset if I owned a Cross Country, it used to be Polaris top of the line bike, now its second place to Indian brand name. .. ya da ya da... Indian Bike, seems like a grand slam if you like the looks, why didnt they improve the quality of the Victory bikes to the same as the Indian? They made the Victory line up the "economy looking brand" when it used to be the premium brand.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend and truly give thanks and thoughts to the people in our military and those who have been injured and most of all lost their lives.

I don't know where you came up with the notion that Vic has dropped the Cross Country...they haven't...I just looked at their website and they still have the Cross Country, the Cross Country Tour, and the Cross Country 8 Ball listed...

You need to re-read my post. I never said Vic dropped the Cross County, also in that post my reference to the Cross Roads was correct.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi

You need to re-read my post. I never said Vic dropped the Cross County, also in that post my reference to the Cross Roads was correct.

Sorry

I was asking about product lines, not models. Every company discontinues models. Where was the Road Glide for 2014? One of Harley's best bikes was the FXRS. Last I checked, I can't buy a new one at my local dealer.

Not that it's really important, but You should check again.

I can tell you from 1st hand experience that Victory (Polaris) has some serious homework to do if they want to compete in the cruiser market. I can't speak to the Indian line. I don't want to go into it here, and I don't want to bash or offend Vic owners here. I will say that it did many things better than the Harley, but it's in the details where I had issues.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JetStar
whip said:

It was well known and pubished by Harley that the Road Glide was being revamped and no production would take place in 2014 and new 2015 models would be coming out for that model year, which they did. If you asked you local dealer, they would have said the same, it was also well pubilshed in every motorcycle magazine.
Project Rushmore was a massive undertaking, huge updates to every model of its cruiser line for 2014 and 2015.

Last edited:
PS....!

FYI only.....
I can testify after blowing off Harley for years, more so because of price.
I bought my first Harley because of project Rushmore, 2014 Road King after owning and loving metric bikes for the prior 8 years. This Road King, well, rules the road!

Awesome bike, can cruise the interstates 2 up all day at true GPS speeds of 75 MPH, bike doest break a sweat, not a sweat at barely or not even 3000RPMs and still get 40MPG. 6 speed gerbox is awesome, like a swiss watch and the handling, nothing short of amazing for a heavy weight cruiser.

Materials, fit and finish? Second to no one, first class. Yes, You pay for it, but unlike some companies, Harley does deliver it, you get what you pay for, Im thrilled with the bike. I honestly cant ask anymore from it.
I did change he seat, other small things to make it mine, like any bike.

Last edited:
Man-0-Man I'm out of the loop... I looked at the bike and said cool, looked at the tires and said who ever rides that bike on Pikes Peak is going to die. I didn't know they paved the road..
blush.gif

Good luck to Victory
smile.gif

This thing is looking really cool. Victory have come a long way from those awkward looking first bikes in...what was it? 1997, 1998? Remember the Victory SC (Sport Cruiser)? A full boogy factory supported racing prototype is a huge gesture, and I am glad they are doing it. Many don't know Roland Sands background in AMA 250 GP, before he became more famous for fnashion accesories. He knows what it takes to go fast. Don Canet is no slouch, either, so they have some riding talent on board. Pretty stoked to see how they do, and certainly mission accomplished for brand awareness, as I will be curious to watch their model line up going forward. I've just watched all of the youtube behind the scenes videos, did I mention what a cool looking racebike this is? No doubt that the deck is stacked against them with respect to being competitive, which makes the attempt that much cooler in my opinion.

I looked real hard at their Cross Country touring bike when I was in the market. It was ultimately dropped from my short list when the (now defunct) local dealer couldn't set up a test ride. I'm just not buying a $20K bike without a lengthy test ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back