2 stations across the street -- different prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an Exxon and 7-11 gas station on opposite sides of the street in my area. They either have the exact same prices or the 7-11 is more pricey. Funny thing is there are always a lot of people still going to the 7-11. Why would you not go with the Top Tier gas at Exxon? Is it really worth paying more for 7-11 gas just for the convenience of also grabbing a slurpee or coffee?

Last edited:
1) Few people know what TT gas is.
2) Maybe they don't want to make a left turn out of the station because of traffic.
3) The girl @ 7E is smoking hot.

Last edited:
Yep, I am sure that is the big difference, most people (well many anyway) don't know or care about the brand of gas, but they got to have that coffee or other treat, and they aren't about to make an extra stop to get it. I know my son in law, never looks at the price of the gas, just wherever is handy when he needs gas.

Location and the ability to get out with the flow of traffic?
The people in the store offer friendlier service.

the crowd may also be deceiving. maybe not all of them are getting fuel at the 7-11 but just parking at the pump then going in and getting snacks.

Cheaper cigarettes.

Side note, there is a BP station nearby that is within 5-6 blocks of 3 other gas stations including another BP that is always $.30 per gal higher than the others. There is never anybody there, and it's been like this for years. It has no store, no car wash and is the most run down of them all. Anyone got an explanation?

LOL, I'd say short tripping your engine half a block away is 100x worse than any lack of gas additives. And by the way, there's a high chance that 7-11 gas is Shell or BP both of which meet/exceed standards, although BP refuses to get TT certification for some reason.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
I always thought prices were set by corporate?

Why do people assume this? Because they want a boogie man? No oil company is stupid enough to try to micromanage prices. That would be just inviting accusations. Oil companies maybe a lot things but they are not (that) stupid.

7-11 has much more food / coffee / snack items.

People will usually pull into gas station on the way to destination, not go to station on the other side of street.

If I were in that situation, I'd gas up at the Exxon and walk across the street for whatever I needed at the 7-Eleven. (Presuming we're not talking about a 4-to-6-lane major boulevard.)

A 7-Eleven girl being hot? Around here the chances of that are slim and none -- and Slim left town in the winter of '02.

Originally Posted By: horse123
LOL, BP refuses to get TT certification for some reason.

Check again. Number 5 on the list under "USA." They paid to play.

Originally Posted By: ron17571
Location and the ability to get out with the flow of traffic?
The people in the store offer friendlier service.

This.

Exxon for me, too many homeless and hoods hanging around 7-11
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back