Ford specialty green coolant or g-05??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have a 2010 Ford Fusion 3.0 v6, 65k miles. Its the same motor just a mazda variant, or the other way around I forget. Ford and Mazda calls for a p-oat coolant which is also Ford specialty green coolant. Mazda's version is fl-22. I know zerex Asian is the store brand version. Since this coolant was only used for 3 years or so and now seen in the Ford transit, would it be a bad idea to go g-05?

I know the bitog slogan, stick with manufactures rec...

I can get it at a charming price, better than the dealership brand and prices. If g-05 isn't feasible should I run the zerex Asian for substitute??

Thanks!!

Use the proper coolant. The Ford part number is VC-10-A2, the Mazda number is 0000-77-508E-20. Ford is full strength, Mazda is a 55/45 premix.

I am surprised because I thought all 10 Fords came with GO5, like my Mustang GT. If it came with something else I guess there must be a reason. I thought GO5 could be used in almost anything but maybe not.

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
I am surprised because I thought all 10 Fords came with GO5, like my Mustang GT. If it came with something else I guess there must be a reason. I thought GO5 could be used in almost anything but maybe not.
The Mazda engines came with FL-22/Specialty Green. Don't get me wrong, in an engine that's designed for it, or even most old-school conventional green coolant systems, G-05/Premium Gold is awesome-but the P-OAT coolants last so long there's no reason to use anything else. As an example, my brother's '02 Altima 2.5 is STILL on it's factory fill of Nissan green P-OAT-and (so far), ZERO issues. He really needs to change it, though.

What's a good time frame... I just feel that the fluid is 5yrs old and the heat here in South Florida is pretty harsh not to mention I beat on it alot.

I would drain the cooling system, fill w ford green and call it a day. I wouldn't worry about it for the next 4-5 years

returned zerex, picked up msg for $22. also have 6 gallons of distilled water.

i dont trust the petcock. will try and pull a hose buy the water pump. yeh or neh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back