Continental ControlContact Tour A/S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Co-worker needed a set of tires for her 2006 Camry that calls for 205/65-15.

With the triple rebates available today, I can get a set of these Continentals installed for $290 out the door with road hazard. Given the price, I don't think she can get a better deal on anything else -- so that is what I suggested.

I heard that they are just a relabeled version of the TrueContacts. Has anyone tried this tire?

From DT I'm assuming? Hopefully they still have them in stock. Are you sure it isn't a 16 inch tire?

My 2001 Canry 4 banger takes that size, are you sure it's not 16"?
As in set I assume you mean 4? where are you getting that price?

Last edited:
I just checked DT and it does appear to need a 15" tire for the 4cyl LE. I think in 2007 they went to a 16" tire with the new gen.

Looks like a 90k tire with a "T" speed rating. Plus the fuel efficient rating. Seems like a winner. Maybe Tirerack has some reviews.

Last edited:
Nope, the LE trim takes the 205/65-15 size.

The tires are $520 out the door.

America's tire is running $100 off for July 4th and Continental has a $70 rebate. You also get $60 off if you purchase using the America's Tire credit card. So the grand total is $290.

Edit -
Some sites show that this car requires a H-rated tire. This is not correct. The owners manual states that either a T-rated tire or a H-rated tire can be used.

Last edited:
I have not had personal experience but I have heard the same thing that it's a America's/Discount Tire exclusive version of the TrueContact. The tread design is very similar and both carry the 90,000 mileage warranty with LRR.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
I'm sure she's more than just a "co-worker", somebody is in love:)

Negative.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Negative.

If you've detailed her car as a favor then we have our answer. :)

Originally Posted By: GatorJoe

Negative.

If you've detailed her car as a favor then we have our answer. :)

HA! Negative on that one as well. My girlfriend drives an Accord, so this a different person altogether...

They don't look the same to me. The ControlContact Tour A/S may be a fine tire, but I don't know. It's a DT exclusive.

ControlContact Tour A/S:
t_20150312.conpt3.ang.jpg

TrueContact:
co_truecon_pdpcrop.jpg

Co-worker needed a set of tires for her 2006 Camry that calls for 205/65-15.

With the triple rebates available today, I can get a set of these Continentals installed for $290 out the door with road hazard. Given the price, I don't think she can get a better deal on anything else -- so that is what I suggested.

I heard that they are just a relabeled version of the TrueContacts. Has anyone tried this tire?

I just got a set from DT for my 2013 Dodge GC. Same specs as the True Contact. I had an odd thing with them, this post. they are fine now. Really like them.

Thanks guys - new tires are on. Looks like it is a tire that is built for the same purposes as the Truecontact, but with a slightly different design. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back