Subaru Forester XT or Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I am also thinking about buying a new Subaru or Hyundai but a few other current threads are discussing oil consumption with the Subaru's... This concerns me and I think I am going to wait another year to see how it plays out.

If it is Turbo Subaru, just switch to Euro oils.

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I am also thinking about buying a new Subaru or Hyundai but a few other current threads are discussing oil consumption with the Subaru's... This concerns me and I think I am going to wait another year to see how it plays out.

I understand your concerns about oil consumption, but Subaru is way better engineered car than a Hyundai. And Hyundai itself isn't really a reliability peach.

I'd take the Hyundai over the Subaru.
Gotta be honest, i've never driven either of the two BUT i've been in both for long hours during trips. (Friends and relatives cars)
The Subaru isn't nearly as comfortable as the Hyundai, it's suspension feels hard and doesnt absorbs road imperfections very good compared to the Hyundai.
As for interior quality, the Subaru looks and feels spartan, both cars are full of hard plastic so they are quite similar in that aspect but the design of the Hyundai is in a different league.
None of the cars had any rattle or interior quality issues and neither of them had any mechanical issues when i asked my friends and relatives. (Both cars just had a couple years so that is expected i guess)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back