PP + QSUD = DARK brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been dumping new oil residue from quarts of QSUD and PP into a jar over the past couple changes. Some 0w20 and 5w20 and 5w30. Mostly QSUD with a little PP. Before the pp it was a homogeneous translucent honey but darkened significantly as well as developed some bubbles and a slight milky tracing after adding PP. Interesting, doubt it has any significance though.

Top jar is new M1 75w90.
6enib6.jpg

I dunno, it was just the residue from emptied, new bottles. If you don't have any suggestions it'll likely just sit there for a while.

Keep it in the truck and offer it to friends with hoopties so they don't have to buy top up oil. Or people with hoopties at the gas station.

"Hey, buddy want some free top up oil that's never been used?"

Guy/Lady: "Sure, bring it over"

Originally Posted By: buck91
I dunno, it was just the residue from emptied, new bottles.

Did you shake the bottles well before you emptied them?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Somehow I got the impression from this board you did not need to shake your oil containers before you poured it in the crankcase.

Which is why I do so every time I change the oil.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Somehow I got the impression from this board you did not need to shake your oil containers before you poured it in the crankcase.

Which is why I do so every time I change the oil.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Keep it in the truck and offer it to friends with hoopties so they don't have to buy top up oil. Or people with hoopties at the gas station.

"Hey, buddy want some free top up oil that's never been used?"

Guy/Lady: "Sure, bring it over"

haha that had me cracking up

I had a jug of residue that I kept adding and adding until I had ~4.3 litres and then I dumped it in our 05 CRV (it was only PP 0W20, 5W20 and 5W30). Took ~3 years to accumulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back