Discount Tire Direct 4th of July sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on DTD they are having a sale for the 4th of July. Up to $100 rebate on a set of tires plus other stuff if you use their credit card.

Just though I'd let you guys know.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
It's been available for at least a week or so. I found it by googling.

Looks like the sale starts Thursday, June 25th thru Monday. Even though they have some current promotions hopefully the discount for this sale will be even better.

Right now there's a $40 instant savings on the Cooper CS5 so hopefully that will be increased to $75 or $100 off per the link. But the additional savings will be in the form of the gift card instead of an instant credit.

Last edited:
I don't need any tire now, but I will before winter rain in November-December. Hope they and manufactures will have some rebates on Black Friday.

Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
I saw on DTD they are having a sale for the 4th of July. Up to $100 rebate on a set of tires plus other stuff if you use their credit card.

Just though I'd let you guys know.

It was $75 + $75 on Presidents Day.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver

But the additional savings will be in the form of the gift card instead of an instant credit.

I hate the VISA gift cards.

I took the last bunch of VISA gift cards to my local food store and bought a single food store gift card. Just used that for awhile buying food until my wife got hold of it.

Last edited:
I signed up for ATT cell phone contract and they were supposed to send me a VISA card for $250. When I got it it was expired and I called them they then said I wasn't even eligible for it since it was past due at that point. Guess who doesn't use ATT anymore. When I cancelled they called and tried to do a similar offer and I told them what happened and they still thought I would come back. No way.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Originally Posted By: stephen9666
It's been available for at least a week or so. I found it by googling.

Looks like the sale starts Thursday, June 25th thru Monday. Even though they have some current promotions hopefully the discount for this sale will be even better.

Right now there's a $40 instant savings on the Cooper CS5 so hopefully that will be increased to $75 or $100 off per the link. But the additional savings will be in the form of the gift card instead of an instant credit.

You read my mind. I'm thinking of getting their store card through and getting effectively more savings than the $40 instant discount pre-promotion. You can effectively get at least $145 back in your pocket this way. Before this deal you could get at most $100 back. This is assuming the CS5s only yield a $25 Visa card. It could be $75 or $100 as you say.

banana2.gif

How can we find out? I go to the link and use their tire selection but I don't see the deal included anywhere.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I don't need any tire now, but I will before winter rain in November-December. Hope they and manufactures will have some rebates on Black Friday.

I hope so too, that will be about the time to replace the tires on my 00 Century if I still have it.

UPDATE: Just checked, and they are offering a $75 rebate from DTD on the CS5s!!!
banana2.gif

That plus $60 from Cooper themselves, and $60 for buying with their credit card. What's not to like?!

I'm gonna do it.
laugh.gif

After install that puts a set of 4 at under $300 on my car. $75 a tire?
21.gif

Last edited:
Ordered a set of CS5 Ultra Touring yesterday from DTD. $195 in total rebates.

Originally Posted By: tnt31

I did the same thing, they're sitting in the garage waiting to be mounted later in the summer; great deal.

UPDATE: I wound up buying in store and just paid tax, but I didn't mind. I had them installed finally this weekend; since local DT didn't carry Cooper.

After rebates a set of 4 CS5 Ultra Touring for $310. The ride is butter smooth now compared to those Black Lion I had from the PO. Those were running at a higher pressure to be fair. I'll know for sure after break-in and by upping the pressure again.

smile.gif

Thanks for posting the deal!

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
since local DT didn't carry Cooper.

Just FYI, DT can order Coopers and have them in a couple of days. I just installed AT3s that had to be ordered from the factory as they had none in the warehouses. The manager actually ordered directly from the factory so I ended up with really fresh tires. DT is great!

Originally Posted By: Toy4x4
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
since local DT didn't carry Cooper.

Just FYI, DT can order Coopers and have them in a couple of days. I just installed AT3s that had to be ordered from the factory as they had none in the warehouses. The manager actually ordered directly from the factory so I ended up with really fresh tires. DT is great!

Well, what I meant was at the DT store itself I had to order them. To me, it's a shame they don't' carry them in stock already. My first order was goofed and it took about 2 weeks from purchase to get the tires, but it worked out. No complaints for a good price.
smile.gif

Applied online for my rebates on July 7. Received the Prepaid Visa cards from DTD yesterday. I am impressed. Still have a rebate from Cooper coming.

Received the two DTD/DT rebate cards from the July 4th sale on a set of Cooper CS5 Grand Touring yesterday. Did them online, eazy peazy. Just waiting on the mailed in Cooper rebate card, for a total $195 back

DTD/DT very quick.

Second set of Coopers I've purchased this year, previous was HTP's for a Tacoma using a DTD ebay price match at DT. Never purchased/owned a Cooper Tire before.

^I am away from home currently, but I anticipate I've already gotten in the mail the rebates from DT/DTD as their site showed each card as mailed on the 17th.

Also, I too am waiting for Cooper to mail the other card for the $195 total back.

These are my first sets of Cooper Tires. I am very pleased so far. I have yet to put the air pressure up to the previous set; which we Chinese made, as they are currently at door recommended psi levels. So, after these get pumped up I'll post a review. Ride quality and noise level are vastly better.

Applied online for my rebates on July 7. Received the Prepaid Visa cards from DTD yesterday. I am impressed. Still have a rebate from Cooper coming.

Cooper rebate arrived yesterday. Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back