Nico Rosberg, 159 (-10)
Sebastian Vettel, 120 (-49)
Constructors
Mercedes, 328
Ferrari, 192 (-136)
Williams, 129 (-199)

For more check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

08_GreatBritain_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

Sorry fellas. That's the re-air on NBCSN. Quali. and the race are live on CNBC.

Quali, 8:00AM EST, CNBC
Race, 7:30AM EST, CNBC

Sorry about that.

CNBC has the race live,0730 I believe. I caught the last few moments of qualifying.

It looks like Silver Stone is one of the tracks were they selectively enforce the track limit rules.

Last edited:
Had the power go out last night and just got it back about an hour ago. Missed qualifying, so I might be able to see a replay.

I never had an appreciation for Silverstone until I got GT6 and did a bunch of laps there.

Very little alignment change due to it being an old RAF base for Wellington bombers. The speed of the circuit is awesome. I like how there are 2 fully functional pit areas like Spa-Francorchamps for different series running the same weekend.

Rain usually shakes things up and makes a race more interesting. Shame it had the opposite effect in Silverstone today.

For the US viewers, what does everyone thing of Steve Matchett? Personally I love his commentary. I saw him last week at the IndyCar race in Fontana and he was treated like a rockstar by the fans.

Matchett is one of the smartest guys in Formula 1. He built cars for Schumacher when he was at Benetton. He sees things that 80% of other commentators don't. Whatever they're paying him, it's not enough.

I like NBC's lineup, Matchett especially, but apparently all of the so-called 'real' F1 fans hate NBC's coverage and sing the praises of the UK's Sky Sports team with Martin Brundle.

It is not Martin Brundle for a while now.

It is David Coulthard now, who is doing a decent job. The problem is that we only have part of the F1 coverage in Canada, not all the practices and before and after shows, so sometimes, a good sum up of what happened before is missing.

I used to see the races on speed for a few years, and I liked the trio of commentators: they are quite funny (a journalist, a pilot and a mechanic) so it helped when the race started to get boring.

I wish NBCSN would try to get Peter Windsor back as a commentator, as well as going back to let him exclusively conduct the driver interviews. I don't care for the podium interview format. There is too much noise and confusion going on. And they don't always have the most knowledgeable people asking the questions. It's like some of them can't even think of what to ask, and wing it as they go along.

Originally Posted By: Pesca
It is not Martin Brundle for a while now.

It is David Coulthard now, who is doing a decent job.

Shows you what I know, since we get NBC here.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I like NBC's lineup, Matchett especially, but apparently all of the so-called 'real' F1 fans hate NBC's coverage and sing the praises of the UK's Sky Sports team with Martin Brundle.

I don't know. I suppose NBC's coverage has its purpose, and they do have the longer pre-show (except for when we have Monaco, when we get a proper pre-show). Last time I got to see it NBC's broadcast (I only get to see it when it's on NBC proper), I found their coverage really dumbed down. On the other hand, Bernie complains that the Sky Sports coverage is too technically complex for a normal fan and you have to be an insider to understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back