USA vs Japan in Women World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
USA won 2-0 over Germany yesterday. Today Japan won 2-1 over England.

The final match will be on Sunday 7 PM EST at Vancouver. Fox will forecast the match.

GO USA
34.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Fox will forecast the match

It wasn't pretty the last time they forecast something.

Originally Posted By: Benito
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Fox will forecast the match

It wasn't pretty the last time they forecast something.

Sorry, I meant broadcast.

I was looking at local weather minutes before posting this.

Anyway, the prediction is USA 1-0 Japan.

We lost to Japan last World Cup in penalty shoot out after a tied of 2-2 in extra time.

Should be a good match. I'd say we will score 2 goals if not more.

Japan were a bit lucky against England and also in their match before that one. US were clearly stronger than Germany and should be too strong for Japan.

This is probably the most maligned US team ever, that has reached the finals. Their defense has been insanely good with 500+ scoreless minuets. Jill Ellis tactical alignment and offensive production has been raked over the coals by the media up until the 2-nil win over Germany.

Our girls have to win it all though for the team to be fully vindicated. Japan presents a great technical challenge for any opponent. Sunday we will find out...

Something about watching our US woman's team that makes me feel protective of them. Maybe it's because I believe that they're actually hurting when they get injured on the field vs Men's soccer with all their acting.

Kudos to the German player who kept on playing with a bleeding scalp. Ronaldo would be worried about his hair.

Its a mans sport like football, rugby, baseball and so on.
Pretty soon its all not going to matter when you can be what you feel like today. Your going to have blokes dressed up as women playing. I bet old Bruce Jenner could still catch a purse snatcher. LOL

My wife commented that the German goalie looked like Bruce...er...Kaitlyn Jenner. Go USA!

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl

Kudos to the German player who kept on playing with a bleeding scalp. Ronaldo would be worried about his hair.

LOL ain't that the truth, LOL!

Do remember though for every Ronaldo, there is a Clint Dempsy or Bastian Schweinsteiger. These guys will play their hearts out with broken noses and bleeding from several orifices and never ever take a dive.

The main different with World Cup(and Olympic) and other sport events such as Super Bowl is National Pride, and this makes watching the game/match more exciting. GO USA

Perfect, Timbers game at 2pm, World Cup Final at 4pm

Prediction:

Timbers 2 Quakes 1

USA 2 Japan 0

That should make for a fine Sunday afternoon!

so what's the chance the japanese team runs down the left flank and scores a goal before the USA team is on the field, or the ref started the match?

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl

No doubt he's a bit precious on the field and very egotistical. He's not a good captain imo.

But have no doubt about how hard he has pushed himself to become as good as he has. Those that have coached him and played with him will tell you they've never seen anyone as dedicated to improving themselves.

Another interesting thing about him is that his son's favorite player is Messi. But he doesn't seem bothered by that at all. Indeed at an award ceremony, he introduced his son to Messi and told Messi that he was his son's favorite. Everything I've seen suggests he is a good father. So what more can you really ask of a person? Work hard and be a nice parent.

If it wasn't for the women,I wouldn't even watch soccer.
I find the women play harder and make the men look like lazy.
The men look like bad with all this drama stuff about injuries.
Rolling around on the grass like they just took a sniper round.
Sundays game should be good.

The women's referees seem to be giving decisions for minor things that men's referees wouldn't. The women don't need to roll around!

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
so what's the chance the japanese team runs down the left flank and scores a goal before the USA team is on the field, or the ref started the match?

Don't worry, the Canadians will protect us.
08.gif

Originally Posted By: Jetronic

IF they were playing in Hawaii maybe. LOL

The reason why soccer is popular in half of the world is because of how cheap it is to play. We, as a nation, have wealth, and therefore can afford to play more complex sports.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back