Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful on lnvgy, they only trade about 40,000 shares per day. So be prepared if there is not trading going on.

I've got a few hundred shares against my better judgement, but my newsletter recommended them, and they just had a bunch of exposure on the olympics and CNBC. So maybe a few quarters from now we can see a nice bounce of 20% or so. I'll take it if that happens.

lnvgy (which is an ADR) was down a bit (.10) today. Maybe I'll buy tomorrow.

OTOH - I'm TOTALLY ******
blush.gif
mad.gif
shocked.gif
banghead.gif
I bought 200 shares of TIP back in Nov. and now for the last two months and NO monthly dividend!!! What a waste of resources. What a stupid investment choice. I parked the $20,000 there for resting while the fed screams about inflation. Well at least the share price didn't erode and I did get a gravy train in December 05

Well, nothing wrong with that GM.

Funny thing is, IBD's been on their "investing for income/dividends is stupid". I agree, but they do advise idle time in sideways/down markets. So what'a poor girl to do? Invest for income!
smile.gif

Hey TMA is a good buy right now. Good divenend and great price.

Making some big bucks on Corning right now. I'm holding cause the big diesel stuff for 2007 isn't even out yet.

CELG: Only went from $14.28 on March 4/05 to $76 and split. Only up 160% and up 12% in the last 8 days.From a chart standpoint its way above the upper channel but all I see is Buy or strong buy ratings even at this level.I heard some Wall street experts saying were in a sweet spot and the market is way under valued. They expect a big move to the upside soon cause such cheap prices just won't last long.I will admit I bought some puts due to such bullishness after a run like this doesn't compute.So if the Bulls gore me again I am in awe of such wonderful companys .

quote:

Thank you for your interest in iShares Funds, from Barclays Global Investors.

TIP did not pay a distribution for the February period or the March period (not showing on site as of yet) due to a deflationary adjustment. The fund's distribution is composed of both income from the coupons of the bonds and the inflation/deflation adjustment. If there is a deflation adjustment then this can offset the income from the coupons and possibly cause no distribution for that period. The distribution yield uses only the most recent month-end distribution in its calculation so this is the reason it is showing 0.00%. Complete distribution history can be found by clicking on the link provided below:

http://www.ishares.com/fund_info/distributions/detail.jhtml?symbol=TIP

In addition we have attached our Basics of TIPs piece which helps to explain the intricacies of our fund, and also the distribution schedule for the iShares funds.

If you have any further questions, please call our Investor Services Representatives at 1-800-iShares (474-2737) Monday - Friday 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM (EST), respond to this e-mail, or visit our web site at www.iShares.com

Thank you again for your interest in iShares Funds.
iShares Funds are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SEI). Barclays Global Fund Advisors (BGFA) serves as an advisor to iShares Funds. Barclays Global Investor Services (BGIS) assists in the marketing of iShares Funds. BGFA and BGIS are subsidiaries of Barclays Global Investors, N.A., none of which are affiliated with SEI. iShares Funds are a registered trademark of Barclays Global Investors, N.A.. To determine if the fund(s) are an appropriate investment for you, carefully consider the funds' investment objectives, risk factors and charges and expenses before investing. This and other information can be found in the funds' prospectuses, which may be obtained by calling 1 800 iSHARES or by visiting www.iShares.com.

Anyone recommend some ETF's that are good? I got in on Japan over a year ago and am doing good. I was wondering if there are some countries or sectors that are down now but show some good promise in the next year or 2. I would like to park some longer term money.

Thanks

So GM, you read this statement, too:

quote:

TIP did not pay a distribution for the February period or the March period (not showing on site as of yet) due to a deflationary adjustment.

And the FED is doing what? Raising rates because of INflation??? I think I got the S-H-A-F-T.

MS - I recommended PHO and PIV. PHO is kicking butt. PIV is OK. Japan has sucked some wind lately.

I'm giving up fighting the fed. For Lent.

Go for growth. All income in money markets and a few selected stocks and trusts.

I should have listened to GM earlier. It's a stacked deck. All the deck chairs fell overboard.....

Next sign of downtick watch bonds go.

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
Hey TMA is a good buy right now. Good divenend and great price.

Making some big bucks on Corning right now. I'm holding cause the big diesel stuff for 2007 isn't even out yet.

My one big score: I worked for Corning for 15 years and put only about 3K into my 401K(I know I should have put way more, but I didn't) and when I quit and moved out here, I cashed it out for $27K...6 months before the price dropped from over $200/share to about $3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back