Battery Source? ATV, Snomobile & Motorbike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get new batteries for a 2002 ATV, 2006 Yamaha snowmobile and possibly my DR--650 Suzuki. I was looking on the net and came by Battery Mart in WV, prominent online seller. I also wanted to keep the quality as high as practical. I can't be messing with a snowmobile at 10 below.

I see many AGM type batteries with good reviews are around $100. Any favorite battery sources or advice? That's about the price I was planning to pay.

My plan is some research now, then put in fresh before cold weather sets in. I also use a 'tender' at times on all these batteries.

If you have a batteries plus near your city they offer some of the highest quality stuff. They usually have deka and others too. They also maintain their batteries so they will get charged on a good charger even if the battery sits too long it will be healthy.

They also load test the battery before selling it so you know it's good. Fun stores to go to if you have a big one like we do in Florence, they are usually tiny places though from what I hear.

batterystuff.com has gotten my money for 2 m/c AGM replacement batteries in the past couple years. their in house scorpion brand. think i spent ~$50 for each. both did get replaced under warranty also. straightforward, easy to deal with.
i may or may not get future ones from them. seems the "house" stuff is farmed around, but if the price is right...

The ATV battery is a 2002 factory original, it does have a pull start for backup. I use a tender at times and the pull start rather often. Is there a reason to change the battery? It's still working and my tender shows a fully charged 'green light'.

I most likely will, since the snowmobile needs one for sure.

my '06 Yamaha Vector has the original OEM spec Yuasa, still working just fine.. I just ordered another one yesterday.

I just ordered two from batterymart.com, AGM type, great reviews. I got one for the 2006 Yamaha snowmobile and the 2002 Honda ATV. The Yamaha is coming up with issues on the tender diagnostics. With no pull start I can't be left out in the cold.

The ATV is overdue, a $10 off coupon pushed me into action.

I see batterymart.com Motocross YTX20HL-[censored] AGM was about $6 cheaper than the Yuasa I just bought on e.Bay

You need to buy DEKA. They are the best AGM batteries. I have bought several AGM batteries on Ebay and some have lasted less than a month. I buy the cheapest battery because I need one to sell with the quad, but when I am buying for my own quad or bike and want a good battery. I buy a Deka. I ve had them last three years plus. Nothing I have found is better than the Deka. Beware of Ebay AGM batteries.

I've had very good service from my Deka batteries, so much that I put a pair their batteries in my truck. Their powersports AGM's are great, kinda spendy but you do get your money out of them.

No wonder why the reviews are so good. The 'Big Crank' from Batterymart is made by Deka(East Penn Manufacturing). It's just a little relabeling going on, as is common with batteries.

__________________Default
Big crank is made by Deka. Same as the OEM battery in the HD. I like them.

Some info on a cycle forum.

Check out the new lithium-iron battery. If you use a 20 series battery you can drop to a smaller, much lighter battery. The AAP codes make these at around $100. These have a three year warranty. Please note I am saying "iron" and not ion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back