07 Camry Hybrid was a great car at 183kmi, until

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's 07 Camry Hybrid, although not exciting, was an awesome car. Bought it new. It was driven hard, and was still running/driving like new at 185 kmi., until some dork ran her off the road, and knocked the whole left front of the car off. Was hoping too run it over 200kmi. I did 35 oil changes, changed air filter once, cabin air filter 3 times. Was only halfway through the 3rd set of summer tires, and 2nd set of winter tires. Changed plugs at 120kmi. That was it for maintenance. Just one trip to the dealer for a $200 water pump at 125kmi. The original brake pads, and rotors were only 50% worn, and might have made it to 300kmi. Probably get another one. It did use 1.5 quarts of oil between 5k changes, which was annoying, but not a problem. I got to love the CVT transmission, and the seamless passing power. Awesome, really.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. Since you sound more concerned about the car, I presume your wife is ok.

1 air filter change in 183k miles? Wow.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Sorry to hear that.what kind of mpg did you pull?

In warmer weather, it always seemed to average around 36mpg. did break 40 a couple times. But, in the winter, below zero with lots of warm-ups, the lowest I ever saw was 17.

Originally Posted By: Benito
Sorry for your loss. Since you sound more concerned about the car, I presume your wife is ok.

Yes, other than shook up she is fine, thanks. This car has taken a beating. Has had one $5000 front repair from someone pulling out in front of her on the highway, and $6000 hail damage claim. I had just change the cabin filter, and was ready to change the air filter, and had a new windshield on order to replace the cracked one from a rock.

Last edited:
My Aunt's 04 Prius used about that if not a little more between oil changes.

I just assumed it was the low tension rings giving up a bit.

Bummer. Sorry to hear of the loss. Do they still sell Camry Hybrids now?

Originally Posted By: Benito

Air filter replace every 100k. That is true for both of my yotas.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately at those miles and 8 years, it doesn't take much to total it out, and insurance probably won't pay out what the car was worth to you. It's very hard to replace a well broken in vehicle you know the complete history of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back