Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy you own and shoot them or go to a professional display.
Wish there was a way to do a poll.
I do both. I love fireworks.
We are going to the Royals game Friday and they have a great display after the game then on Saturday head to my sisters to eat and put on our own show.
Yeah, I know it literally goes up in smoke.
Everything is legal except for stick rockets and missiles. Well, in the city that is.
Go across the county line stick rockets for sale everywhere.

Course celebrations are going on now. I have heard what has to be titanium salutes or oxy-acetylene mixtures. They shake the house.

Last edited:
we enjoy the 4th of july celebration ourselves with a family day of celebration involving games-volleyball, basketball, kids backyard games, water slides etc, and end it all with a bbq and fireworks display in the evening. missouri is a great place for fireworks if you buy your own or go to a public event which are really nice.

happy 4th to all and enjoy

As I get older I enjoy less. Not going out of my way to see them. That said I will watch on the fourth, down the hill from us is the beach and several families light off their fireworks--so we will be sitting underneath to watch.

That reminds me, I oughta give a few bucks to friend who goes and buys a small stash to light off.

Last edited:
i'm thankfull for all the rain we get in the spring, it makes me feel better about lighting the fireworks, but on occasion we have to be careful due to the droughts too...

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
Originally Posted By: Chris142
http://www.applevalleyfd.com/?p=3169

http://www.applevalleyfd.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Firework-FAQs.pdf

Wow, not even smoke balls in your town. I can see if is it tender dry.
Funny Cali says sparklers are "safe" when they burn at like 2000 degrees.

This is what I can buy here.
http://www.pyrocityfireworks.com/lone-jack-mo/store/
I have seen limits the amounts on sparklers one can buy here due too people making well you know. too many stupid people.
They have been fighting a brush fire near me for 2 weeks!

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-wildfires-southern-california-20150625-story.html#page=1

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
same here, tons of rain here in KC. In fact a tornado watch just went into affect.

wet here now. just went through a tornado warning! off to the SW near my sister!
shocked2.gif

I used to like fireworks. Liked going to displays and enjoyed shooting them off myself. As I get older I am more and more against letting people shoot them off themselves. I used to be angry that our state outlawed them but now I am happy.

Around this area, it is too dangerous to be setting them off and frankly it gets G-D annoying to constantly listen to it all the time. Even though they are illegal here and it is just too dangerous to set them off it doesn't stop the morons from shooting them off all summer long. The 4th sounds like a war zone and they take it too far going into the wee hours of the AM with it. Drives me nuts.

So for me I am all for the organized displays from towns and such but I guess I am against letting people shoot them off themselves.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar boat. I used to be indifferent to them, but then moved to a neighborhood where people were really into their fireworks. It lasted a week or so before and after the fourth, and the closer to the fourth you got the more it did sound like a war zone. Just constant popping and booming from suppertime till 2-3 am. After a while, it really starts wearing on your patience.

I live somewhere else now, and have one neighbor who puts on a decent show. But it's one night, and for an hour. I got no issues with that.

Fireworks are verboten in my house, since my wife works in the hospital and gets to see all the injuries. Adults are one thing, but there are a lot of kids that get wheeled in too. When she was working on the fourth, I'd call her before the sun went down. Got really busy after that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back