Denso YZZD1 6272 miles, 1 Year + 10 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've cut open my first denso.

I'm a believer. In light of the comments that it's not a "fine" filter I replaced it with another type to see if I can detect it catching a bunch of smaller particles left by this filter. Did not change the oil.

First thoughts:

The gasket profile is interesting and there is a heck of a feature to retain it.
I think the anti drain flap is not nitrile rubber. It's black but didn't feel like an old used nitrile flap.
They made the bypass valve without any spot welds.
They do not glue the media to the tube (of course there are no end caps) yet everything is sealed nicely.
The media is really THICK.
Oil stains from the center tube (clean side) were lighter in color than oil from the other parts of the filter.
This 'Small' filter is big/good enough for the application and drain interval.

yQriHrSl.jpg

08lvulRl.jpg

iSmd4SKl.jpg

lWXLA7gl.jpg

fmNJgnnl.jpg

uTWk4Uhl.jpg

Bigger + more photos at the Imgur gallery. click here

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KDonkey
Well I've cut open my first denso. I'm a believer. In light of the comments that it's not a "fine" filter I replaced it with another type to see if I can detect it catching a bunch of smaller particles left by this filter. Did not change the oil.

How would you do that?

I have used quite a few of these. They are very simple, but everything fits precisely and there are no defects on any I have found. Heck of a good filter that the oil will go through the paper not around it or through a hole in it. Nitrile may be more tear resistant than silicone. Baldwin uses it. I don't know how you are going to compare your new filter but I don't think there is anything about these Toyota filters that is untested to meet the requirements.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Well I've cut open my first denso. I'm a believer. In light of the comments that it's not a "fine" filter I replaced it with another type to see if I can detect it catching a bunch of smaller particles left by this filter. Did not change the oil.

How would you do that?

I'm just going to run the other filter for a short time, then cut it open and look at the media.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

How would you do that?

I'm just going to run the other filter for a short time, then cut it open and look at the media.

Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back