2011 F150 Purolater PureOne PL22500

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Purolater PureOne PL22500 came off my dad's 2011 F150 XLT with the 5.0 v8. It was used for about 6,880 miles with a mix of 5 qts Pennzoil High Mileage 5w30 and about 2.5 qts Valvoline Maxlife 5w30. The truck had 99,691 miles when it went on. I forget when the filter was purchased but it was in the last 6 months and the code on the bottom was F11F04B1 if that helps date it.

I only had a hacksaw to cut this open so the slight horizontal cut to the filter media about 1/2" from the top is from the saw. There were no tears in filter media other those from the saw blade. After cutting it open, the inside was really clean so I wiped up all the oil inside before taking any pictures. The one thing that was strange was that on the ADBV there were three uniform cuts or tears. There are kind of hard to see in the 2nd pic from the bottom due to the glare but there are in the inner ring sort of down and to the right of my thumb. Not sure how I could have done that taking it apart or if they are normal.

This is my first time posting a pic so hopefully these work ok.

Looks pretty good. I think I have one or two more left in my stash, but I'm trying to finish using the Napa golds first. Once all of my other filters are used, I'm going to switch to Fram Ultra's running them for two OCI.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
I think there was some failures reported earlier with tore ADBV.

Yes, there were some pics on here of a P1 filter with a torn ADBV ... and also one Purolator Synthetic filter with a torn ADBV.

How does the Purolator PL22500 compare to the Motorcraft equivalent FL-500S? I'm guessing the only real difference would be the pleat count. Does anyone have comparative information?

Purolator made filters just seem to have crooked pleats regardless of the conditions they were used in. Nature of the beast I guess, but it worked nonetheless. The tearing ADBV seems to be yet another issue with these though. I am surprised the engine didnt experience any startup chatter.

I do like how much media this filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back