cordless ratchet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Milwaukee 1/4" and 1/2" cordless impact.

1/2" is stronger and quieter then our air guns.

1/4" is amazing, very light, it will save your wrist from ratching all day.

Both their batteries are really good, we charge once a week (3-4 engine jobs)

If you have an air compressor available, an air ratchet is significantly less expensive. Getting doused in ATF will also make it work better. A pancake compressor, hose, starter kit and air ratchet will run about the same as that Milwaukee kit. It will be noisier, though.

Otherwise, Milwaukee makes excellent cordless tools. I've heard nothing but good about their M12 lineup.

The Milwaukee 1/4" is looking good but more than $100 is out of my range. If there is something for less than $40-50 I will probably get one.

Many years ago, Skill had one. It got clearanced out and I grabbed one. One has to be careful to take it off the charger once the light goes out. Mine has lasted for years but for many, it conked out early as they left it on the charger.

http://www.woot.com/offers/skil-7-2-volt-1-4-drive-cordless-power-wrench

31c94b54-a1cc-479a-aa87-0b84fae31e8c.jpg

Last edited:
I have that 3/8 M12 ratchet. It works well. Though I wish it had more power. You will probably have to break them loose first. Though you can use it to break the bolts loose.
I am very happy with the battery life between charges.

Btw IIRC I paid $99 on sale. Local store.

Last edited:
there are some good ideas, i'll see what i can find over the course of the next few days as i am going to take a few days off work prior to the 4th of july and usually get out and about and look around at hardware stores and tools!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back