Rugers new revolver 45 Colt/ 45 ACP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's neat about the new Ruger you can run the plus P 45 auto or the heavy colt 45 ammo too. That means all the heavy Buffalo etc ammo thats in 44 mag power range. Cylinder will handle the 325 grain flying garbage cans too. Handloaders dream gun here.

S&W is the "blast from the past". Their corporate parent is happy with the sales of old design, less capable revolvers because there are enough people that remember when they really WERE the best...back when! S&W hasn't really innovated anything on a revolver platform that comes to mind, except that internal lock and the move to MIM.
Ruger is the forward looking gun company. They build revolvers to take a pounding that would shake an S&W to pieces. The lock-work is superior, the trigger group comes out as an assembly, and they put more steel in the right places. Years ago they had an issue with the internal finish, but they've gotten after that to the extent that gun writers don't even mention grittiness anymore.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2cool

Ruger is the forward looking gun company. They build revolvers to take a pounding that would shake an S&W to pieces.

Ruger understands that a revolver is basically a miniaturized version of a 155 mm howitzer and not complicated at all. They build them that way, simple, very rugged and over built.

I couldn't agree more that Ruger's are tough as nails. Buddy of mine has a 5 inch Redhawk in .41 magnun - wonderful calibre in a brute of a firearm.

Only Ruger I have is a Ranch in .223, no revolvers. I have Smith's & just can't see getting any other revolver than a Smith. Maybe I'm silly but I love Smith wheelguns... Have a couple of them now & would love a .44 N-frame in, oh, 5" stainless perhaps? Mountain gun would be good. Don't need, just want!

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back