Favorite Ice-Cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Ben and Jerry's also is 100% natural and hormone free.

Are you sure about that? Any milk from any mammal is full of hormones.

For the clueless, here is what their website says about the rBGH.

http://www.benjerry.com/values/issues-we-care-about

I'm clueless? You said "hormone free" which certainly it is not. All milk has a plethora of hormones in it, including BGH.

Yeah, I know what you meant. Shouldn't have used that word. But you knew that my post talked about the cream being in a natural state, i.e. free of "unnatural" hormones.

Yeah, I know what you meant. Shouldn't have used that word. But you knew that my post talked about the cream being in a natural state, i.e. free of "unnatural" hormones.

Well even that's not true, how does one distinguish the milk from rBGH treated cows and untreated ones? You do know why they use the terms "we have required all of our farmers to pledge not to treat their cows with rBGH" don't you?

I am an Ice Cream-aholic. LOL!!

IF I had to choose a favorite, it would be Edy's Vanilla Bean.
20.gif

BlueBell cookies and cream. We're down to our last bucket and I'm getting nervous. Wish they would hurry up and punch out some ice cream!

100% natural unfortunately includes Carrageenan, guar gum, and carob bean gum; all of which are naturally occurring fillers that make ice cream "not melt" and be "runny", but tend to sit in the lining of your gut like sludge. B&J tastes good but the ones that don't fill you up are the ones that don't have filler.

Originally Posted By: Whizbanger
BlueBell cookies and cream. We're down to our last bucket and I'm getting nervous. Wish they would hurry up and punch out some ice cream!

We miss Blue Bell. Really good stuff...

House made frozen custard (NOT from a soft serve machine)
Black Raspberry custard from Hibbard's Custard in Lewiston NY
Butter Pecan custard from Kopp's in Milwaukee WI

Perry's Ice Cream in Akron NY makes "Fireball" each summer. It is Vanilla ice cream with cinnamon swirls and cinnamon candy heart pieces. Only available at stands.

In this hot weather, ice cream is the pillar of my food pyramid. 2 pints a day for three months can't be bad for me, can it? I enjoy all flavors.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
In this hot weather, ice cream is the pillar of my food pyramid. 2 pints a day for three months can't be bad for me, can it? I enjoy all flavors.

Yep, same here. I usually eat a Quart of Ice Cream per day.

Zeroing in on Blue Bunny Vanilla Bean being my favorite.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but 30 grams of fat, 56 grams sugars...can't think of anything worse..lol..

Get your cholesterol seriously checked at the end of 3 months. If its normal you will live for ever.
smile.gif

At the age of 69 my cholesterol markers are fantastic but that's bc I do satins. You would have to hold me down and shove the stuff down my throat..lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but 30 grams of fat, 56 grams sugars...can't think of anything worse..lol..

Get your cholesterol seriously checked at the end of 3 months. If its normal you will live for ever.
smile.gif

At the age of 69 my cholesterol markers are fantastic but that's bc I do satins. You would have to hold me down and shove the stuff down my throat..lol

56 grams of sugar from ice cream isn't much, because I otherwise don't eat much carbs. I am sure I remain under a total of 200 g carbs per day, which is below the recommended amount. But yeah, I'm the odd guy who gains a few pounds weight during the summer and loses them over the winter.
grin2.gif
Cholesterol check coming up in November.

Originally Posted By: whizbyu

100% natural unfortunately includes Carrageenan, guar gum, and carob bean gum; all of which are naturally occurring fillers that make ice cream "not melt" and be "runny", but tend to sit in the lining of your gut like sludge. B&J tastes good but the ones that don't fill you up are the ones that don't have filler.

You are right. The best would be to make own gelato at home. Not too difficult to make with practice, it just takes time to churn it.

Low cholesterol is not always the best idea. For many folks an extremely low value is linked to stroke! Your body needs fats, they just might be better if they didn't come from Ice Cream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back