Date on your phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cell phone network is telling my phone that it is July 1.

Anyone else with this problem?

I heard something about "leap seconds" messing with computers on NPR today, but wasn't paying very much attention. Maybe the leap second has your provider mixed up.

33.gif
I wonder if the snafu is related to the "Leap Second" that just occurred approximately 8 pm tonight,eastern standard time?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2...ace-for-trouble

" As modern life has become more and more digital, the potential for snags when clocks go from 11:59:59 to 11:59:60, instead of straight to 12:00:00, has risen. The time warp has the potential of making mischief with law enforcement, voice and data services, utilities and weapons systems."

"About 10 percent of large-scale computer networks will encounter hiccups due to the leap second, said Geoff Chester, public affairs officer for the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington, which keeps time for the world’s biggest military."

I'm on t-mobile. I can see one report online with the same problem.

It makes sense that it is leap second related as I think this may have changed at 00:00 GMT.

If nobody else notices, then it just goes to show how many people look at the date on their phone!

Tmobile towers are on GMT,

I switched from ting/sprint to ting/tmobile and my data that I thought I was using on the previous month (1gb bucket)
ended up on the beginning of next month.. was unfortunate.

I started the first day of their month with 300MB usage out of my 1GB

and ended the previous month with 600MB used out of 1GB.

Ting did give me a small credit to kinda make it right.

Sprint's towers are on EST(local)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Benito
Is that a selfie?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

My guard bear for my computer. I have a Combat chicken in my Mustang. The chair he is in is one of my two Cobra Daytona leather office chairs.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Is that a selfie?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

My guard bear for my computer. I have a Combat chicken in my Mustang. The chair he is in is one of my two Cobra Daytona leather office chairs.

Pedobear guards your computer?

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Is that a selfie?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Pedobear guards your computer?

He raided the gunlocker also. Takes his job very seriously.

0802012241_zps14623d6c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back