E15 coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this real?

https://www.votervoice.net/NMMA/Campaigns/41081/Respond

Saw this link on Facebook posted by Mercury Marine. Of all the other car, powersports etc. pages I am a fan of, this was the only link I saw posted.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Is this real?

You could answer your own question with a wee bit of effort on your part.

The magic of a search engine

Amazingly enough it is all public record, and you can read all the information yourself.

Thanks for my morning laugh.
crackmeup2.gif

Yeah no thanks, my mpg is [censored] enough with all the idiot drivers getting in my way, E10, and AWD.

How about a completely unique concept?

Why not have a choice for the consumer? Let the product stand on its own legs financially and compete in the marketplace like any other.

No mandates, no subsidies, just competition...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Why not have a choice for the consumer? Let the product stand on its own legs financially and compete in the marketplace like any other.

Oh come on, now you're making sense...we can't have any of that...
grin.gif

I completely agree. Let US decide what we want to put in OUR gas tanks.

Have not seen 15% Ethanol Gasoline here yet but while up north in Wisconsin in the southwestern part of the state on vacation there were several options at a couple of stations on the amount of Ethanol you could buy with the gasoline.

Unless the vehicle is rated for E-85 would avoid any amount over 10% if at all possible.

No E15 here where I live either. One outlet offers E85 but it's priced just twenty cents below regular E10. Not much savings there to promote it being used.

Steve for President!!!!

I just read the online version of the OM for the next car I intend to buy - and it expressly says NO to E15.

Originally Posted By: gizzsdad

Steve for President!!!!

I just read the online version of the OM for the next car I intend to buy - and it expressly says NO to E15.

Which car is that? I thought everything (cars & trucks) made after 2001 could run E-15. Boats, small engines and motorcycles can't however.

Last edited:
E-15 is already here at some gas stations - though not many. EPA says its OK for use in all 2001 and up vehicles despite the manufacturers saying its not. The only reason for the 2001 year cutoff is because that is the oldest vehicle they tested E15 in. No other reason.

Personally, E10 or less only in my non-flex fuel vehicles...

2016 Maxima - copied and pasted below:

E–15 fuel

E-15 fuel is a mixture of approximately 15% fuel
ethanol and 85% unleaded gasoline. E-15 can
only be used in vehicles designed to run on E-15
fuel. Do not use E-15 in your vehicle. U.S. government
regulations require fuel ethanol dispensing
pumps to be identified with small, square,
orange and black label with the common abbreviation
or the appropriate percentage for that
region.

There isn't much demand for E-15 or any other E anything. The ethanol people are the ones pushing for higher ethanol content. I don't see stations around here likely to go to the cost of installing the equipment required for blending. Not going to happen anytime soon.

About 70 some odd percent of new vehicles can use E15 according to a lobby group for pro E15 not sure how accurate that is though.
My 2014 Mitsubishi says for Ethanol use at the most E10 preferably don't use fuel with alcohol.

They tried it in KC a year or two ago and it failed. All the stations that had E15 have already stopped offering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back