NY and fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of a sudden this year they are selling fireworks in NY. Last year it was illegal, this year there are places (tents) selling them everywhere.

Do they sell any good stuff like Roman Candles or Cherry Bombs or Block Busters? Or just sparklers and bottle rockets?

Come out to the plains..if I drive East or South of Kansas the variety is endless. It already sounds like my neighbours son has declared war on ant hills up and down the sidewalk. Worse part; I just bought some Bayer Bug Home Defense barrier spray lol. Darn kid could have saved me 15.00 if I knew he was gonna show up this year.

Looks like the same as here in MN. Nothing that explodes or flies in the air. Lots of people making the annual trip across the border to Wisconsin this week.
smile.gif

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/new-york/2015/06/30/fireworks-legal-putnam-new-york/29516195/

Do they have husker dos, or husker don'ts? whistling bungholes?

Or is it only snakes and sparklers?

Last edited:
Only counties where it's legalized by the county officials, and then only stuff that stays on the ground. Example: Wayne County legalized fireworks while neighboring Monroe County didn't. Fireworks purchased in Wayne County are still illegal in Monroe County.

Basically it's the rural counties that legalized them. The counties with larger cities such as Erie, Monroe, Onondaga, and most of downstate haven't.

Snakes and sparklers. Maybe some stuff that throw fountains of sparks in the air.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Only counties where it's legalized by the county officials, and then only stuff that stays on the ground. Example: Wayne County legalized fireworks while neighboring Monroe County didn't. Fireworks purchased in Wayne County are still illegal in Monroe County.

Basically it's the rural counties that legalized them. The counties with larger cities such as Erie, Monroe, Onondaga, and most of downstate haven't.

Correct. Still, they didn't include anything fun. It's just sparklers and the tiny stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back