Any friends or family work for Uber / Lyft ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any friends or family working for Uber / Lyft ?

How do they like the ride sharing concept. Some taxi drivers are protesting against Uber and Lyft.

I started the process to make ends meet while in school, but after reading the requirements and job satisfaction in my market area, I stopped. The ends will be met in other ways!

Houston requires vehicle inspections, permits, fire extinguishers, airport tokens, fees, et cetera. That and the market is now flooded with drivers. Just isn't as great a deal as it looks on paper, at least as far as I can tell.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I'd like to give it a try. Will they let me use my corvette?

I have to think you're joking!

But no, they won't. One of the requirements is "4 doors".

Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
Houston requires vehicle inspections, permits, fire extinguishers, airport tokens, fees, et cetera. That and the market is now flooded with drivers. Just isn't as great a deal as it looks on paper, at least as far as I can tell.

That's exactly it. It catches on in a jurisdiction that heavily regulates taxis but has no rules on a new type of competition. When the rules catch up with the competition, then said competition realizes that running a taxi is an expensive proposition with a lot of justifiable rules for customers' safety.

I get the impression Uber is a designated driver service.. and I could just see some big fat guy puking is someones car.

Try renting out the corvette on relayrides. There's several on there, but the ones priced $250-$500 a day don't seem to get rented.

As for someone puking in the car, I seem to recall reading that if that happened, they get charged a cleaning fee which could be something like $300. That would make up for some of the risks of all the different types of bodily fluids that you can end up with in the car.

I guess Uber is pretty popular these days, I see lots of people standing around the street corner these days and then climbing into the back seat of a car that pulls up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back