Chris Squire of Yes has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
My favorite YES song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgTg4fjv68Q

Definitely near the top of my list. CTTE is my favorite album overall, but I'm also a little contrarian and really, REALLY like the two versions of Yes that featured Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn- 1980's "Drama" album, and "Fly From Here," much of which was written at the same time but wasn't recorded until 2011/2012 with Benoit David on vocals and Horn producing. Probably comes from me "discovering" Yes in 1982 as a result of having my ears blown off the first time I heard Howe and Downes with John Wetton and Carl Palmer in the first incarnation of Asia that year. I started with the most recent Yes album at that time (Drama) and then jumped back to the Fragile/CTTE era and bought them all as fast as a poor college student could afford to. Chris's bass on "Does it Really Happen?" from Drama is just spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SXO_Dj8R_8

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
.......but I'm also a little contrarian............

You want contrarian, and unpopular...................I liked the two albums, and the line up with Trevor Rabin. Hurl insults, I am prepared..............

Originally Posted By: punisher
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
.......but I'm also a little contrarian............

You want contrarian, and unpopular...................I liked the two albums, and the line up with Trevor Rabin. Hurl insults, I am prepared..............

Three albums, including '90125,' 'Big Generator,' and 'Talk' Four if you throw in 'Union.' And yes, I liked those as well, and Rabin's solo work before and after Yes. I saw both the 90125 and Big Generator tours when I was in college. I don't buy into all the insulting of the 'Yes West' years.

The only Yes albums I actually kinda dislike were post-Rabin: Magnification and Open Your Eyes. They just didn't have that free-and-easy vibe of the 70s Yes, or the driving power of the 80s version. The music felt like an engine that was starved for oil and about to seize. The genuine Yes feel and sound came back with the Keys to Ascension albums and 'The Ladder.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back