LOL, this made me laugh WAY too hard
crackmeup2.gif

Get out the fishing pole and stick it in the valve cover
Trolling.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I'm assuming that since you were unable to remove the contents of the container you used to hold the oil you were pouring, and the contents of the container dropped into the oil fill hole, that you're not capable of removing the valve cover to retrieve it. Find someone who can.

As far as the charcoal/lighter fluid, I recommend you stay far away from anything remotely flammable.

Hahahaha - ROTFL

Just curious - is engineer20 and MalfunctionProne one in the same?

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
I recommend running the trout bait in the car for a couple of weeks. There are a lot of engineers out there that are fishing for a magic oil additive that will make the engine last forever. You might have landed the big one here.

Just one more reason I will never buy a used car.

hopefully this is true
as for the other commnets, some people just need to grow up, this isn't a joke, i know it can be so funny, but it was a serious real accident, they happen, it was stupid on my part, yes, i'm keeping the power bait container to pour my leftover oil that's hard to come out of the 5 quart jugs next time for topping off, as it's a good transfer container and is about the same diameter as the oil cap /crankcase cap, but i learned my lesson the hard way to take everything out and be sure of that (nothing in that jar now, the last piece fell in, i didn't think it would fall in since it was sticky, but i assumed wrong)

yes, I lack common sense, i'm not the most book smart but decently book smart, but i'm trying to make up for that now and am learning more common sense things (i'm still young, almost 30 but still in my 20s)

Something actually just made me think of this thread. I was opening a brand new fresh bottle of liquid smoke to pour all over my brisket taco I made. When I poked through the safety seal on the bottle,the [censored] seal slipped out of my hand and ALMOST went into the bottle,but my cat-like fast reflexes got ahold of it before it made in the bottle :^) And it was one of those nasty styrofoam seals too,that would've tasted nasty all up in my liquid smoke :^(

bill beat me to it.
O.P. -- are you mfprone?
it looks like you found some magic beans, and proceeded to smoke them.

did you use charcoal lighter fluid in your lighter?
you're giving all of us a good laugh, and I thank you for that.

it looks like 'prone is back.yeaaaaaa.

I would advise to throw the power bait container away and use an empty oil quart bottle to drain the excess oil in. Just my .02 cents worth.

Originally Posted By: TNpowerstroke
I would advise to throw the power bait container away and use an empty oil quart bottle to drain the excess oil in. Just my .02 cents worth.

Agreed..

Also one of these can be really handy(just don't drop it in the dirt)...

funnel-plastic-28-p.jpg

Originally Posted By: engineer20
. . . yes, I lack common sense, i'm not the most book smart but decently book smart, but i'm trying to make up for that now and am learning more common sense things (i'm still young, almost 30 but still in my 20s)

If you are ever going to get out of this hole, you really need to stop digging . . . . especially for worms.

Originally Posted By: engineer20
hopefully this is true
as for the other commnets, some people just need to grow up, this isn't a joke, i know it can be so funny, but it was a serious real accident, they happen, it was stupid on my part, yes, i'm keeping the power bait container to pour my leftover oil that's hard to come out of the 5 quart jugs next time for topping off, as it's a good transfer container and is about the same diameter as the oil cap /crankcase cap, but i learned my lesson the hard way to take everything out and be sure of that (nothing in that jar now, the last piece fell in, i didn't think it would fall in since it was sticky, but i assumed wrong)

yes, I lack common sense, i'm not the most book smart but decently book smart, but i'm trying to make up for that now and am learning more common sense things (i'm still young, almost 30 but still in my 20s)

So you knew it was in there all along?

Just wondering, where did you earn your degree?

Just cut the bottom one inch off that empty plastic 1 quart oil container and you've made yourself a free funnel.

What kind of oil jugs do you buy that the oil is hard to get out of?
I have used all shapes of jugs and never had this problem.
Common sense is hard to learn,you either have it or you don't.

Originally Posted By: bigt61

Just cut the bottom one inch off that empty plastic 1 quart oil container and you've made yourself a free funnel.

that's what I do!

works for putting gas in the tractor and mowers too
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: meborder

that's what I do!

works for putting gas in the tractor and mowers too
smile.gif

I do that too, an MMO bottle works well to depending on how the fill tube is setup.

I just drain my "MT" oil bottles into my old "Doinka Doinka" push-on-the-bottom drip oil can. I like gallon/5 quart jugs, because I can just leave the jug to drain, instead of rotating throught 4-6 quart bottles. Then, I always have clean, high quality oil in the drip can.

I do that as well, but thought it may be best to start with a store bought funnel...

Don't want to maybe hear there has been a finger poured into the oil fill at next change...

Originally Posted By: TFB1

I do that as well, but thought it may be best to start with a store bought funnel...

Don't want to maybe hear there has been a finger poured into the oil fill at next change...

good point.no problem, though -- any good filter will pick up finger parts.
this thread is great entertainment, just as 'prone's used to be.
'prone -- what will be your next adventure?

we'll be playing cards/watching a ball game/checking out bitog later today. can't wait for the inevitable laughs.as long as we keep it clean, there's no reason for the mods to kill the thread.
come on, 'prone.entertain us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back