Opinions on Falken Ziex ZE329 tires at Pep Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to replace the Michelin Primacy tires on my Accord. I don't want to sink a ton of cash into rubber this time around.

They have the above Falkens buy 3 get 1 free. The Accord is a commuter avg 100 miles a day mostly all highway.

507 installed with Road Hazard and full alignment. I was also looking at the Definity HP800 for about 40 bucks less but decided on the Falkens. I could get the Conti ProContacts which would be about 60 bucks more after the 70 dollar rebate but did not like the Conti's DWS rubber I had on my HHR a few years ago.

In any event, the ZE329 looks like maybe a Pep Boys only tire? I don't even see it on their website.

Falken a decent tire for the $$?

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
Time to replace the Michelin Primacy tires on my Accord. I don't want to sink a ton of cash into rubber this time around.

They have the above Falkens buy 3 get 1 free. The Accord is a commuter avg 100 miles a day mostly all highway.

507 installed with Road Hazard and full alignment. I was also looking at the Definity HP800 for about 40 bucks less but decided on the Falkens. I could get the Conti ProContacts which would be about 60 bucks more after the 70 dollar rebate but did not like the Conti's DWS rubber I had on my HHR a few years ago.

In any event, the ZE329 looks like maybe a Pep Boys only tire? I don't even see it on their website.

Falken a decent tire for the $$?
Been a couple years since I bought them but I got a couple for $150 and they were hard as rock and bad in wet/snow conditions.

I think Cooper makes Definity.
I had a pair on my truck and liked them.
Don't know about Falken.
I don't trust PepBoys with any repairs including an alignment.
They will try to upsell or tell you your whole front end is shot.
Be careful my friend.

I would get them or similar from discount tire or (?) and have the dealer install. My Honda dealer was pretty cheap on mount and balance - check it out.

After doing some more research and some added discounts I decided to change to the Conti Pure Contacts......after 70 dollar rebate they will only be 43 bucks more. Different tires than the other Contis I had.

I'll let everyone know if I survive Pep Boys heh

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
After doing some more research and some added discounts I decided to change to the Conti Pure Contacts......after 70 dollar rebate they will only be 43 bucks more. Different tires than the other Contis I had.

I'll let everyone know if I survive Pep Boys heh
Good choice

If you can wait a couple days, America's/Discount Tire is likely running in-store sales. Their July 4th sale is usually loaded with rebates on top of manufacturer ones.

Arco, I'm looking at those tires to go on my '10 Fusion in about 6-8 months. 225/50-17 sizes in those have a 65,000 mile warranty and extremely high treadwear rating.

@Arco and Tanon, the Pro G4 is a DT private label version of the Sumitomo HTR P02, which in turn is a slightly reworked Falken Ziez ZE950. The sipes are slightly different.

Good to know slacktide. I was also considering the Sumi HTR P02s, but decided the Pro G4 is the better way to go.

One difference, at least from what I've seen, is the ZE950 is a 45,000 mile tire in my size (225/50 17) but the Pro G4 is a 65,000 tire in the same size. No question in my mind.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Good to know slacktide. I was also considering the Sumi HTR P02s, but decided the Pro G4 is the better way to go.

One difference, at least from what I've seen, is the ZE950 is a 45,000 mile tire in my size (225/50 17) but the Pro G4 is a 65,000 tire in the same size. No question in my mind.

That warranty difference is due to the speed rating.

In all three, the warranty is
45k for W-rated
65k for H/V-rated

In my size, 205/65-15
The 950 is W-rated
the P02 is V-rated
the ProG4 is H-rated

I know this thread is old, but if anyone looks it up trying to find reviews here the Ziex 329 did not last much more than 22k on my Impala. They wore very evenly, at about 4/32 to 3/32 they were dangerous / undriveable in the rain over 55, which I understand the implications of. About half way through their life they got unreasonably loud. Ride was harsh for the last half of their life. I ran them about 32 to 33 PSI. They also developed a habit of tram-lining cracks in the second useful half of use.

Pep Boys pushed this tire hard.

It's hard to find reviews of this tire where someone followed up except on the Pepboys website. Most forums just expected them to act like older Falken Ziex models, which they do not. Most informal websites just have short statements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back