2008 Honda Odyssey Touring - 4979 miles QSUD/Defy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used leftover quarts (3 Qts of QSUD 5W20 and 1.5 Qts of QSDefy 5W30)

2je2xyh.jpg

Last edited:
One of my favorite oils.

Just out of curiosity, you are aware that it is rated SL, which is for 2004 and earlier cars? I'd have no problem running it in your car, just wondering.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
One of my favorite oils.

Just out of curiosity, you are aware that it is rated SL, which is for 2004 and earlier cars? I'd have no problem running it in your car, just wondering.

Probably just getting rid of spare qts.

The QSUD is SN and dilutes it and unless your burning oil its not much to worry as the SN/SL mixture is mostly SN. I worried when running Redline 5w30 but Dave at RL said the zinc and other were only a worry in high consumption vehicles. UOA looks good...I like that Moly/Boron.

Good engine with not problems. IMO, it's a waste of time and money to change out perfectly good oil like this. Should double the OCI.

I have an 07 Odyssey that sees 80% in city driving and going by the MM, it indicates ~5000 mile mark to replace the oil (10% life left). That's probably why the OP swaps it out ~5000 miles.

Originally Posted By: Mauro
I have an 07 Odyssey that sees 80% in city driving and going by the MM, it indicates ~5000 mile mark to replace the oil (10% life left). That's probably why the OP swaps it out ~5000 miles.

Yup, my MM was at 15%. Also, my engine also has the VCM which some people have indicated here that its harder on the oil so I was thinking sticking to the MM would be a good idea.

Based on the UOA, you could safely extend your interval beyond the 0% MM indication (even if you have the VCM option). Nothing wrong with sticking with the MM either (I still do).

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
Good engine with not problems. IMO, it's a waste of time and money to change out perfectly good oil like this. Should double the OCI.

Without a TBN, not sure that's a valid conclusion.

Originally Posted By: Danh
Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis

Without a TBN, not sure that's a valid conclusion.

The fact that Blackstone recommends going 2000 miles more on the next OCI usually implies that the TBN was more than adequate. The mixture did well, good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back