07 Caliber Pen Platinum 5W20 W/Liqui Moly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife's car, her daily commute changed from a 13 mile highway run to a 9½ mile local street trip. Time oil in service went up. Dipstick showed right at the add line when I did the change. I'm going to watch a little more closely to see if it needs any this run.

Weird, Chrysler 2.0L aren't known to be hard on oil, normally.

But this car is just making it to 10k on what is normally a stout oil.

Looks fine for a 10k+ run. If you'd added a quart of top off along the way the #'s would have looked even better and nobody would be making a peep. Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Looks fine for a 10k+ run. If you'd added a quart of top off along the way the #'s would have looked even better and nobody would be making a peep. Thanks for posting.

True.

Originally Posted By: 74DartSport
Wife's car, her daily commute changed from a 13 mile highway run to a 9½ mile local street trip. Time oil in service went up. .............

Wish cars had revolutions counters! Mileage is one thing, but a highway run obviously puts you in a higher gear, so engine revs are down.
Anybody know how to get the GM OLM in the computer to output engine accumulated revs to the OBDII port? Like to see that. (I read where the GM OLM algorithm actually counts revs, then of course heavily penalizes you for cold driving, less so for hot running, etc.)

Oil since we got the car has been Pennzoil Platinum either 5W20 or 0W20. Her commute changed from 1 mile local + 7 miles interstate (65 mph limit) + 4 miles state highway (50 mph limit) to 9 miles of 35 mph local roads.

Originally Posted By: 74DartSport
Oil since we got the car has been Pennzoil Platinum either 5W20 or 0W20. Her commute changed from 1 mile local + 7 miles interstate (65 mph limit) + 4 miles state highway (50 mph limit) to 9 miles of 35 mph local roads.

So it's going from a cold start,driven a slow mile,then interstate speed to a lower highway speed then finishes at 35mph.

That's kind of a tough commute as far as oil goes,at least going from home to work. The return trip is low load til the oil is hot then it hits highway speeds.

And you do have enough data to establish trends however the slight wear metal elevation could be anything and doesn't necessarily equate to a problem.
I don't see any problems here at all. The elevation is 7ppm on a longer oil run. Absolute noise and of no consequence whatsoever.
Carry on

If anything, stay the same with regimen, but make sure to stay topped off.
smile.gif

19.gif

How much Liqui-Moly was used? Interesting that it had such a high moly count but still increased iron. I thought the whole point of moly was it bonded to iron and helped reduce wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back