Too high oil pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found oil around the bolts in the holes indicated in the picture below. It happened when there were 20% to 30% oil life left. I checked oil level is within normal range, and there were no other problems found. What might have caused the problem? Is it possible that it's running lean with a custom tune?
[img:center]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixa0bpyzhb07ouf/1.jpg?dl=0[/img]

That is not an area of pressurized oil. The gaskets or o-rings are old and need replacement.

Your crankcase pressure might be worth looking into. Make sure your PCV system is working.

Could you give us more information about this car? What is it, year, mileage, oil used, etc..

It's more likely that the oil seals around the bolt holes are degraded slightly allowing some oil to come out into the holes. Oil pressure should have nothing to do with it (PCV pressure might), as the bolts are just sitting in either the cam area or some oil return gallery.

Sorry. Forgot to mention that the car is 2012 Ford Fusion with 42k miles. Motorcraft 5w20 syn blend is used. Because I don't drive the car often, the oil change interval is about one year, so it happened twice, both about ten months after an oil change. The odd thing is the oil dried after a while, indicating that it didn't happen before or after the incidents, so it might not be caused by persistent problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back