Pennzoil Ultra vs. Pennzoil Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
even last summer, walmart carried the pennzoil black which was about 28 dollars. i know autozone carries it but it's expensive! walmart stopped carrying pennzoil black! i really wish i could've bought some last year when they still carried it

do you know any places that still carry pennzoil black (ultra) for cheap? do any walmarts in your area still carry it? or no?

nobody calls it pennzoil black lol use the right terms if you want a correct answer on a side note did you get the fish out of your engine?

Originally Posted By: engineer20
even last summer, walmart carried the pennzoil black which was about 28 dollars. i know autozone carries it but it's expensive! walmart stopped carrying pennzoil black! i really wish i could've bought some last year when they still carried it

do you know any places that still carry pennzoil black (ultra) for cheap? do any walmarts in your area still carry it? or no?

And pennzoil ultra platinum is everywhere in texas

Last edited:
Just purchased Pennzoil Ultra through the Walmart website, $28 for a 5 quart jug.

Getting a UOA done on the previous oil PP and will be pulling the valve cover while the oil is draining. I'm thinking a UOA at the next change and pulling a valve cover again might be worthwhile.

Originally Posted By: robo339
nobody calls it pennzoil black lol use the right terms if you want a correct answer on a side note did you get the fish out of your engine?

Originally Posted By: engineer20

And pennzoil ultra platinum is everywhere in texas

For a minute I was like, what's this "Pennzoil Black" he's talking about, lol.
laugh.gif

Anyway, I've used Pennzoil Ultra (original formula) and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum before, which I purchased at a store not close to me. It's not something that is easily found for a lot of people.

Originally Posted By: stchman

I do see that PP is dexos1 licensed while PU is not.

Ultra is Dexos Licensed

IMG_2677_zpscvtiismq.jpg

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: strat81

I'll also add that "Defy" is a confusing name. Defy what? Time? The government? A bossy wife? Other oil companies?

"Don't lie about you age, Defy it."
grin2.gif

I guess she did not like the makeup that much. She went the plastic surgery route & now resembles the wicked witch of the east.

Used to run Ultra in the RV but couldn't find it local and didn't feel like ordering it. Just went with Platinum this time. Did find it once on a long trip in nowhere Kansas.. should of bought it! Long term in the RV probably wouldn't make sense anyway except extended intervals. Very unlikely to get above 100k before it goes to RV heaven.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: strat81

I'll also add that "Defy" is a confusing name. Defy what? Time? The government? A bossy wife? Other oil companies?

"Don't lie about you age, Defy it."
grin2.gif

Lol. Ya that shouldn't be a hard correlation for anybody to make. Let's see a motor oil called defy??? Yep, it's pretty obvious it's suggesting defy time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back