Tesla...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conceived by Henry Ford as practical, affordable transportation for the common man, Ford T quickly became prized for its low cost, durability, versatility, and ease of maintenance. Assembly-line production allowed the price of the touring car version to be lowered from $850 in 1908 to less than $300 in 1925. At such prices the Model T at times comprised as much as 40 percent of all cars sold in the United States.

What a stupid article...

If humans driving ICE vehicles is causing ice melting then why the [censored] are they using a map from EIGHTEEN THOUSAND years ago? Use one from 100-200 years ago, not pre-last-ice-age.

Originally Posted By: horse123
What a stupid article...

If humans driving ICE vehicles is causing ice melting then why the [censored] are they using a map from EIGHTEEN THOUSAND years ago? Use one from 100-200 years ago, not pre-last-ice-age.

Don't you realize that the ideal is for Canada to be buried under ice?

Looks like more "Save the Planet" garbage and Americans using all the resources article. Tesla is a cool gadget car. I doubt it will ever become a threat to major auto makers and you can just forget oil companies to just sit there and let someone eat their lunch. Sorry, but all your going to see is "Harmless" technology emerge to ever endanger the oil industry. As you just saw oil can get real cheap if threatened and they could easily put some "New" technology out of business. Sorry, but I don't buy into the peak oil, peak oil was in the 70s the 80s, then 90s and so on. Oil isn't from dead plant life and that not a secret that ever is going to get out. What is oil is a byproduct of earth and endless. is that something you want to get out in a supply and demand oil economics? I don't think so.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
To be brutally honest, OP does not seem to be the kind of guy to read that PhD dissertation :)

I read the entire article and thought it was pretty well written and covered a lot of the issues around Tesla, energy production, and CO2 levels in the atmosphere.

Because of the length of the article and the quick responses I can safely say many did not.

Whats your take on it? Other than a snarky shot at me.

They also have an interesting AI article if you feel like reading something.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: horse123
What a stupid article...

Factually incorrect, you didn't read it.
img_scripps_co2_record.gif

temp-graph.png

If your going to complain about something, at least do it in an educated way.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Whats your take on it? Other than a snarky shot at me.

I read the article. At least as much as I could stomach.

It was vaguely reminiscent of Sesame Street, without the charming characters. Rather than lay out the facts and let the reader decide for themselves, the author chose to sugar coat some, gloss over others, and in some cases ignore the elephant in the room altogether. All with a distinct kindergarten feel.

Combine that with cheesy cartoon drawings and a rambling, disjointed commentary and it becomes a childish attempt at a bizarre cross between humor, speculation, and distorted facts. I don't find the author's style amusing nor is it at a level that I consider intelligent.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Originally Posted By: CT8
Where will the electricity come from to charge all the electric cars?

Solar panels with this setup. http://www.teslamotors.com/powerwall And I don't even believe in global warming.

Got any idea on the solar panel square footage to charge an 85KWHr battery (during daylight hours) ?

Buying a 100000 car is going to save the earth?

I'm ashamed that idiot is running our space program. Its pathetic we contract out such an important thing.

There was a Tesla at the car show last week. I don't think I even bothered to take a picture. Typical tool's car.

Musk is going to be the next Bernie Madoff. There's a lot to love about Musk and his dream. There's not a whole lot to love about the reality of Tesla motors.

Failed goal after failed goal. Overvalued stock. Pipe dream after pipe dream.

I'd they started now, it would take 50 years to bring our power grid to the point where it could handle the nightly charging of an electric vehicle in every household.

Model T? Hardly. The Model T was affordable and less complex than the existing cars at the time. Musk has duplicated the very limited production super-expensive only-for-the-wealthy halo cars that Ford and the Model T superceded.

His next model simply promises to match what nissan did with the Leaf years ago.

100 years ago, this man would have been dragging his cart from town to town selling hair tonics and cloud seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back