Where can I buy bulk oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
I get bulk drums, 30's and 55's, from Schaeffer Oil. No shipping charge to my place and my rep also makes sure they throw in free oil sample kits and analysis with the order.

thumbsup2.gif
Every time you post up about Schaeffer's, your testimonial encourages me to use it. Too bad they don't offer a 0w30; perhaps once I move away from this northern climate....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NattyBoh
What do you pay if you dont mind me asking?

Prices have changed since I last ordered earlier in the year. Getting ready to put in another order and need to check current pricing with my rep. Pricing has been very competitive with Wally World for similar products, even more so with the free shipping and free UOA kits and analysis. I hate to quote something and it be wrong. You could also check with salesrep here on the site as he is a Schaeffer dealer.

I once checked into buying from our local Mobil distributor. Their prices on key products were more than what I pay at the neighborhood retailer. I imagine you need to buy a lot and have a type of account with the distributor to get special pricing.

Shop around.

I have seen the same thing with local bulk distributers like Mobil and Chevron. A local rep for Rotella offered decent value on products, but still not the best value. One of the reasons I do not consider them. I didn't have to jump thru any hoops or do some "pay to play" game in getting Schaeffer, as per the Amsoil game. I just contacted a local rep and he quoted cost and got me the products I wanted that met my needs. Ships it to me for no additional cost and throws in freebies. Even set me up with the Chairman of the Board of Schaeffer, John Schaeffer Shields, who gave the wife and I a personal tour of all of Schaeffer's facilities in St. Louis. Fantastic, informative tour. I am not some big corporate wonk either. Just a simple one semi truck owner/operator and hobby farm owner. I get a couple of drums of oil a year, a few 5 gallon cans of diesel additive, grease and gear lube, and some other products for my personal stuff.

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
Even set me up with the Chairman of the Board of Schaeffer, John Schaeffer Shields, who gave the wife and I a personal tour of all of Schaeffer's facilities in St. Louis. Fantastic, informative tour. I am not some big corporate wonk either. Just a simple one semi truck owner/operator and hobby farm owner. I get a couple of drums of oil a year, a few 5 gallon cans of diesel additive, grease and gear lube, and some other products for my personal stuff.

John is an amazing individual who at 90, still does 2 or 3 tours a week. Still comes to work and continues to contribute to the companies success. Not that uncommon at Schaeffers, our chief chemist and inventor of several of our formulas of years past still comes in weekly at age 93 or so and several past employees work on a consulting basis.

If you aren't afraid of Rural King (Warren) 15/40, 2 gallon jugs were on sale last week for 12.99 It was cheaper than the same oil in 55 gallon drum. I bought 8 gallons, but the guy with me has many machines and bout 66 gallons. The total was less than the 55 gal drum...

Salesrep, I met him too! He was in the break lounge when John showed the wife and I around. He started working for Schaeffer at 17 years old, went off to WW II, came back and started concocting some of Schaeffer's killer products. He was the one who put together the open gear lube that Shell Oil now buys from Schaeffer. It was so cool, that John would not say it was Shell, but call them the "other guys" with a big grin on his face. Shell couldn't meet the need of their customer, so they came to Schaeffer for the solution. The whole experience was fantastic. There is a lot of candle power in the Schaeffer operation. It was so neat to see a major corporation encourage everyone in the company to contribute ideas and solutions. It seemed to be a wonderful place to work. John was also quick to boast how they expanded and took over the Mobil operation facilities there in St. Louis.

I have no doubt I have selected a great set of products I use from Schaeffer. I really liked how John detailed how they do their sales team stuff, like how one achieves the "red jacket". It is truly a unique operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back