accident today, dropping things into crankcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I'm assuming that since you were unable to remove the contents of the container you used to hold the oil you were pouring, and the contents of the container dropped into the oil fill hole, that you're not capable of removing the valve cover to retrieve it. Find someone who can.

As far as the charcoal/lighter fluid, I recommend you stay far away from anything remotely flammable.
+1 Let us hope he's a civil engineer. Cement doesn't burn well.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Originally Posted By: philipp10
not so sure this is a made up "troll" comment. I know plenty of engineers who cannot turn a wrench to save their lives.....book smart? Yes. Common sense, not so much.

I think if you look at the postings the OP has made in the past year, you'll understand why some people are calling him a troll.
ROF!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I know plenty of engineers who cannot turn a wrench to save their lives.....book smart? Yes. Common sense, not so much.

Same here, my list has a few architects on it.
I know a EE who can't solder. Knows a ton of math, though. Good thing those who actually have to make things that work have a technician assigned to them who can "breadboard" circuits.

I recommend running the trout bait in the car for a couple of weeks. There are a lot of engineers out there that are fishing for a magic oil additive that will make the engine last forever. You might have landed the big one here.

Just one more reason I will never buy a used car.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Everybody else; just read the following before commenting

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/view/started/id/64480

facepalm.jpg

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Lord help us if OP is a voter.

or worse yet, a breeder

How is this "member" not banned yet?
Has to be a troll - anyone this stupid in real life would be dead by now.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
not so sure this is a made up "troll" comment. I know plenty of engineers who cannot turn a wrench to save their lives.....book smart? Yes. Common sense, not so much.

I think if you look at the postings the OP has made in the past year, you'll understand why some people are calling him a troll.

I can imagine a 14 yr old in Mom's basement coming up with this stuff. Amazing that he can spell "Engineer".

Originally Posted By: meborder
the solution to this is so obvious ....

you just need to drop a small trout down into the valve cover. let him find the bait for you, then retrieve the trout

duh, guys, c'mon!

This was my thought as well. Just make sure the scavenger trout isn't pregnant,then you'll end up with a whole family of trout in your oil pan. Not sure how many babies trout have per litter,but be prepared by stocking up on plenty of trout food to feed the babies so they'll grow and flourish.

^^ I wanted to add to my above post,if the trout babies get hungry,they'll gnaw at your engine internals and then you'll REALLY have problems.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
^^ I wanted to add to my above post,if the trout babies get hungry,they'll gnaw at your engine internals and then you'll REALLY have problems.

Those problems would show up in a UOA though, as a spike in the softer metals.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Everybody else; just read the following before commenting

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/view/started/id/64480

Essentially the first thing I thought. Nothing this guy posts can be taken even the slightest be seriously. He's either the dumbest person on the face of the earth, or a career forum troll.

...My money is on a combination of the two.

+1

Originally Posted By: Chris142
And I thought this was another post about the foil seal

That's what I thought it was going to be too when I saw the title of the thread.

Originally Posted By: robo339
This post sounds fishy and has me floundering around with my reply but I would get a mechanic on the line and see what he can do to get you off the hook

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back