Puerto Rico close to default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Look at what Greece is doing this morning. Hopefully PR is not as bad.

Yep, GREK futures are down 17.49%
shocked2.gif

Everyone in the world is in default at all times. Men, Women, Children and Coporation are all bankrupt and in default.

With fiat currency coming from a Central Bank there is never enough value in circulation to pay the debt or the interest.
If there isn't enough money in all of existence to pay your debt, you're in default.

Looks serious, but not panic-inducing serious. They should be able to negotiate a different debt repayment regimen.

Greece is an entire other mess; they owe 200 Billion Euros. Puerto Rico's $9 Billion US is a drop in the bucket in comparison.

We're likely already there, simply unable to tell in an economy this size.

Bond yields are going negative, etc., there's a lot of evidence we are on a precipice. The economy is shrinking despite the hype you'll hear...

Isn't Puerto Rico an American state or something like that?
American officials bail out banks when the only people losing there are the rich bankers,but will allow one of its "cousin" states crash and burn.
Funny

The older I get the less surprised I am by the behaviour of the very agency that is supposed to protect its citizens.
This gun control stuff is heating up again with the media coming up with its typical nonsense.
I saw a claim made by some elected official saying how many more mass killings happen nowadays and only gun restriction will improve this dire situation.
In 1982 2.6% of the total of deaths that year were a mass shooting.
In 2012 that figure ballooned to 3.6 percent.
So if you consider population growth in America and factored that in mass shootings have actually gone DOWN on a per capita basis.

America is the only nation that has a population with proper rights and freedoms(when first written)which allows the population to be armed with serious hardware.
The reason this was so important as to be the second one it guarantees the citizen the right to own and operate firearms. Not for hunting and survival,it's so that imperial/government stays honest,or will at some point be staring down the barrel of a gun.
I find that so fascinating and genius in forethought. It means the citizens voice really does count so if over time the government no longer represents the people anymore the people can load their guns and take the country back. so if ever tyranny gains a foothold the American people have the constitutional right and are even expected to rebel.
The founding fathers in all of their wisdom saw to it that in this new nation the people will have the power,and repression will be met with revolt.
Such a beautiful document,written by men whose philosophy was centuries ahead of its time.
They would be ashamed to see their dream in its current state. A nation no longer for the people,by the people.
Jmo

Originally Posted By: Clevy
American officials bail out banks when the only people losing there are the rich bankers,but will allow one of its "cousin" states crash and burn.
Funny

The older I get the less surprised I am by the behaviour of the very agency that is supposed to protect its citizens.
This gun control stuff is heating up again with the media coming up with its typical nonsense.
I saw a claim made by some elected official saying how many more mass killings happen nowadays and only gun restriction will improve this dire situation.
So if you consider population growth in America and factored that in mass shootings have actually gone DOWN on a per capita basis.

America is the only nation that has a population with proper rights and freedoms(when first written)which allows the population to be armed with serious hardware.
The reason this was so important as to be the second one it guarantees the citizen the right to own and operate firearms. Not for hunting and survival,it's so that imperial/government stays honest,or will at some point be staring down the barrel of a gun.
I find that so fascinating and genius in forethought. It means the citizens voice really does count so if over time the government no longer represents the people anymore the people can load their guns and take the country back. so if ever tyranny gains a foothold the American people have the constitutional right and are even expected to rebel.
The founding fathers in all of their wisdom saw to it that in this new nation the people will have the power,and repression will be met with revolt.
Such a beautiful document,written by men whose philosophy was centuries ahead of its time.
They would be ashamed to see their dream in its current state. A nation no longer for the people,by the people.
Jmo

You're taken a Puerto Rico monetary default thread and turned it into a gun rights issue,. Maybe start your own thread

Funny

Jmo

That's one of the most interesting threads I've read in a while. You've managed to go from modern day Puerto Rico, to the United States Bill of Rights, to the United States Declaration of Independence, to the Gettysburg Address-even suggesting that the Gettysburg Address was written by one of the United States' founding fathers and is somehow part of that "beautiful document".

All the while not knowing that Puerto Rico is not one of the 50 United States, but rather one of many U.S. territories. Thanks for the laugh this morning!

There will, of course, be a bailout using taxpayer money. PR is a Commonwealth, not a state, and receives more government support that way. Efforts by citizen groups to obtain statehood are deflected by the higher Federal taxes which would result.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Looks serious, but not panic-inducing serious. They should be able to negotiate a different debt repayment regimen.

Greece is an entire other mess; they owe 200 Billion Euros. Puerto Rico's $9 Billion US is a drop in the bucket in comparison.

It is 72$ Billion? Just their energy company owes 9$billion

Not only is this not about gun control and way off topic.... but, If mass shootings as a % of total deaths increased in % how did it decrease per capita?? I guess you need to know the "total number" of deaths that were reported each year. And this is probably worthy of a whole different topic that would most likely get locked. Due to politics.

Funny

Jmo

ah 3.6% is more than 2.6% on a per capita basis no matter what the population is....

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Bond yields are going negative, etc., there's a lot of evidence we are on a precipice. The economy is shrinking despite the hype you'll hear...

The dollar may crash, I dont see how it cannot at some point, maybe sooner than later...as Olas said earlier, its fiat money, its fake. The dollars we work for are worth almost nothing compared to when they were first printed. As Peter Joseph said, money is the most unquestioned form of faith we have.

It seems that only a few fully understand the way fractional reserve banking actually works, Ive yet to speak to a single bank employee that gets it.

Originally Posted By: stro_cruiser
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

The dollar may crash, I dont see how it cannot at some point, maybe sooner than later...as Olas said earlier, its fiat money, its fake. The dollars we work for are worth almost nothing compared to when they were first printed. As Peter Joseph said, money is the most unquestioned form of faith we have.

It seems that only a few fully understand the way fractional reserve banking actually works, Ive yet to speak to a single bank employee that gets it.

It (at least once was) covered in college economics courses, but generally not first year. The average bank managers eyes glaze over when "rediscount rate" is mentioned, it's not what they are concerned with day to day. That's for the Ivy League boys in the corner offices.

Funny

Jmo

Completely useless post and has nothing to do with what the OP is discussing. And yes-I have a few guns.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Funny

Jmo

That's one of the most interesting threads I've read in a while. You've managed to go from modern day Puerto Rico, to the United States Bill of Rights, to the United States Declaration of Independence, to the Gettysburg Address-even suggesting that the Gettysburg Address was written by one of the United States' founding fathers and is somehow part of that "beautiful document".

All the while not knowing that Puerto Rico is not one of the 50 United States, but rather one of many U.S. territories. Thanks for the laugh this morning!

It was a "General and Off Topic" post though, so its in the right forum atleast.
Sorry Clevy, some good ideas there, but sometimes Monday mornings mess with the best of us.
wink.gif

Soon by design the whole world will go into default and a new one world money will be put out, get marks on our bodies to buy or sell ,Then we will have to worship Lucifer bla, bla ,bla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back