Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold WMT for a nice day gain.

Bought a bigass chunk of TIP, betting that it will pay me a decent monthly income and won't dive like oil related issues or normal bond funds.

OK I drudged the numbers out (not that easy) - since I rolled the 401K to the SD IRA. Then I need to subtract the payroll adds from Jan-Mar. (not fair to just take the amount I rolled and add it to my IRA a year start)

I am not putting any precision on the number - but it seems like you got me beat. I will say between 8% and 9%. At times I was well over 50% cash. My stock trading has been suckish. However I have had some great mutual funds. Who new?

I will do a proper calculation after Jan 1 so don't be surprised if it goes up or down!

It fascinates me that TIP has a higher yield than LQD. I'm sorta becoming a fixed income deriviative junkie. Strangely I've never actually owned a singular $1,000 or $10,000 bond.

I have owned and do own a stack of EE Savings Bonds, but they don't count.

I probably watch the basket too much GM. (Is that possible?)

Of course mine change daily, too!

Anyhow my head is a bit clearer this AM. My percentage number is about right 8% - this number is increase in funds by the activity of the investments. (non-CPA term
smile.gif
). Stock price changes, interest and dividends. Again not bad - currently I am about 40% cash and very short term bonds.

Now if you ask how much I am ahead, the answer is different. Because I had a lump matching from 2004 added in 2005. I am now in a new excellent 40K that matches instantly - 75% matching! From a real life point of view these "gains" cannot be ignored. So if I just take a raw total number Jan 1, 2005 to current then it's over 10% - not bad considering I didn't contribute for 7 months. Check this number again - year end!

Cramer (or is it K?) is still hot on GOOG ($450)

I bought more HMC. Kramer (is it a C?) is hot on it. I think it's a great buy under $28!!!!!

Sold WMT too early. Oh well.

It sucked, that the market rallied but my leveraged fund went down. Why? Too heavily weighted in energy!

I did really well with AOB last week... I was away on thursday and friday, but it popped up nicely last thursday, which I was pleased to see when I checked the price tonight. IMO this one still has some potential, if bought on dips... Im looking to cash out at $8; I just got it last tuesday at $6.38
smile.gif

Might be worth it to buy in to oil again for the winter... if you sold last week like I did.

JMH

cripes, sorry for mentioning AOB. Looked strong, but dove to $6.05 today. Fortunately I had my stop loss in there, so I cashed out at $7.22

phew!

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back