moc gear oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moc gear oil anyone heard of it or use it I had front diff leak on my truck fixed by ford and later noticed it was an off brand just curious if i should swap it with something else so both diffs have the same fluid in them

It is probably decent. My service department pushes it like crazy and I make it a point to call it "snake oil" whenever the sales rep is there. Completely overpriced for what the product gives you. The additives are pure snake oil, nothing more.

Originally Posted By: robo339
What would be a good replacement just in case I get the itch to change it out?

Literally anything, in fact you should go back to the Ford dealer and insist they drain that snake oil and refill with Motorcraft at no cost to you. You bring a vehicle to a Ford dealer, they should use Ford/Motorcraft parts and fluids.

That's easier said than done unfortunately I'd have to prove that's what they put in and the receipt isn't that specific on brand name.... but when I went in for another warranty claim on my console I got to go in back and literally all they carry is moc fluids except for the 1 or 2 exceptions only thing motorcraft were oil filters but half of them were either hastings or federated all to the cheapest bidder right lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Roadkingnc
If it was a warranty repair they have to use motorcraft oil.

This, you are required to use Motorcraft on a warranty repair. OP, you can always bring it up to your Region rep and they will take care of it for you.

I haven't had any problems with my dealer at all so I would hope they used the right thing but I'll never truly know I'm not really a big fan of changing fluid in one diff but not the other front has 3k back has 20k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back